Check out other Related discussions

Bya6

how did u do at BYA6?
Reply 1
it was ok, but i have the feeling that i babbled to much lol
got stuck on the last part of the last question,
done ok on the rest.
Reply 3
I didn't like the question on insects eating carbohydrates- why wouldn't it? the question on changing body masses of rats was evil 2!

Also, the first 2 photosynthesis q were hard 2!

Overall, BYA6 was much better than 5! You agree?
Reply 4
VortexNI
I didn't like the question on insects eating carbohydrates- why wouldn't it? the question on changing body masses of rats was evil 2!

Also, the first 2 photosynthesis q were hard 2!

Overall, BYA6 was much better than 5! You agree?

I totally agree with all u have said 5 was exceptionally harder i babbled for 6 but couldn't even chat shit for 5! the rat question was evil, but its granted their bound to have one/two evil questions! by the way would did u guy put for the changing diameter of the tree disproving root pressure?
i did the BYA5 at jan, pretty easy.
quite alot of snyoptic in this paper (june 2004 BYA6)
Reply 6
for that tree question i think i said some rubbish about increased transpiration during the day means water molecules form more adhesive forces with the wall of the xylem- pulling them in a little bit- so tree diameter decreased??

prob wrong though, wot you say??
Reply 7
VortexNI
for that tree question i think i said some rubbish about increased transpiration during the day means water molecules form more adhesive forces with the wall of the xylem- pulling them in a little bit- so tree diameter decreased??

prob wrong though, wot you say??

It was an odd question. I said increased transpiration during the day led to more water in the xylem vessels and an increase in the diameter of the tree.

I then said root pressure is unaffected by transpiration rate so the diameter of the tree would be the same if root pressure was the only factor.

I guess it's one of those question where there's good arguments for both answers.
the question about how tissues recive oxygen,
was this question about the oxygen dissociation curve,
eg, the first oxygen is released with difficulty,
the next one is recived more easily as the shape of the haemoglobin changes. :confused:
Reply 9
Some1@Havantcol
the question about how tissues recive oxygen,
was this question about the oxygen dissociation curve,
eg, the first oxygen is released with difficulty,
the next one is recived more easily as the shape of the haemoglobin changes. :confused:

for that question i talked about the difference in partial pressure of oxygen between the blood and the respiring cells, causes oxyhaemoglobin to dissociate and that oxygen diffuses from the red blood cells into the respiring cells down its concentration gradient!?!
I didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but I think I did well enough. I got stuck on the first question as well; I couldn't remember the stuff in the revision guide.
Reply 11
I think I arsed up the haemoglobin question by talking about hydrogen ions and that causing the disociation of oxygen to the tissues... I didn't notice that it had a synoptic S next to it.

I also identified endopeptidase as the enzyme which, to me, looked as if it was acting in the centre of the small peptide. Everyone else said it was an exopeptidase due to the few free amino acids at the end.

I also failed to mention that cardiac output is the amount of blood pumped through the LEFT side of the heart in one minute.

Generally think I buggered up the synoptic questions... not looking forward to friday!
Reply 12
fully
I think I arsed up the haemoglobin question by talking about hydrogen ions and that causing the disociation of oxygen to the tissues... I didn't notice that it had a synoptic S next to it.

I also identified endopeptidase as the enzyme which, to me, looked as if it was acting in the centre of the small peptide. Everyone else said it was an exopeptidase due to the few free amino acids at the end.

I also failed to mention that cardiac output is the amount of blood pumped through the LEFT side of the heart in one minute.

Generally think I buggered up the synoptic questions... not looking forward to friday!

I know what you mean bout that peptidase question cause the arrow is pointing to a central position u'd think it is an endopeptidase. I nearly made that mistake! i'm well worried that even though i knew they'd done that and knew it was an exopeptidase i may have accidently written endopeptidase but gave the correct explanation for an exopepetidase. I jus can't remember its pissing me off sooooooo much, even though its like one mark !lol! i'm sure i wrote exopepetidase.......
Reply 13
You go to havant college?? So do I, what's your name?
I reckon I did pretty well on it actually, I was quite pleased. I almost jumped out of my seat with happiness when those questions on homestasis came up (blood glucose conc. and temperature), I can write for hours about homestasis!
I had to do the unit 5 resit after it and I don't think that one went as well...
I'm hoping to get a B overall but now I'm starting to worry that I won't :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending