The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Physics- Please help!

Hello guys! I have an unconditional offer for Bsc Physics and I've seen that for the first 2 years Im having 3 subjects two of which are Physics and Mathematics(compulsory). What my 3rd subject can be ? Does anyone know the list of subjects I can choose from ? and if for example I want to take biology for my 3rd subject, do I need to have certain qualifications for that ? i.e Biology A-level ?

Thanks in advance :smile:
I got a list of requirements for subject electives in the email I received about getting an unconditional. Computing Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Statistics, Chemistry, and Physics. Those were the choices I was shown, don't know if there are any more that can be done or if all of them can be done but hopefully it helps a little.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LLilliputian
I got a list of requirements for subject electives in the email I received about getting an unconditional. Computing Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Statistics, Chemistry, and Physics. Those were the choices I was shown, don't know if there are any more that can be done or if all of them can be done but hopefully it helps a little.

thanks :smile: Can I take chemistry though without a chemistry backround ?
Original post by yiannaros95
thanks :smile: Can I take chemistry though without a chemistry backround ?

For Chemsitry it says you need Higher or A Level Chemistry at Grade B or above
Reply 4
For Chemsitry it says you need Higher or A Level Chemistry at Grade B or above

thank you. do you have any link with those electives?
thank you. do you have any link with those electives?

What do you mean by a link if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
What do you mean by a link if you don't mind me asking?

an internet link of glasgow which shows all the electives available if there's any.
an internet link of glasgow which shows all the electives available if there's any.

Uh sorry no I don't, I'm just getting info from the email I received. Are you sure you don't have it in yours? It's in a table like thing fairly close to the bottom. Under the header Entrance Requirements for Specific Subject Electives. If not then I can just copy paste the information here?
Reply 8
Uh sorry no I don't, I'm just getting info from the email I received. Are you sure you don't have it in yours? It's in a table like thing fairly close to the bottom. Under the header Entrance Requirements for Specific Subject Electives. If not then I can just copy paste the information here?

yes please send me the info :smile: Thank you very much :smile: Are you thinking of accepting your offer ? what are you gonna study ?
yes please send me the info :smile: Thank you very much :smile: Are you thinking of accepting your offer ? what are you gonna study ?

Yeah I've accepted the offer. I'm wanting to do Physics with Astrophysics so Physics, Maths, and Astronomy.

Electives:
Computing Science, Software Engineering- Higher Mathematics at Grade B or A Level Mathematics at Grade C, or Higher Mathematics at Grade C together with Higher Computer Studies or Information Systems at Grade B.

Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Statistics- Higher or A Level Mathematics at B. Admission to Astronomy requires Standard Grade Physics at 2 or GCSE Physics at B.

Chemistry- Higher or A Level Chemistry at Grade B or above

Physics- Higher or A Level Physics at Grade B or above
Reply 10
Yeah I've accepted the offer. I'm wanting to do Physics with Astrophysics so Physics, Maths, and Astronomy.

Electives:
Computing Science, Software Engineering- Higher Mathematics at Grade B or A Level Mathematics at Grade C, or Higher Mathematics at Grade C together with Higher Computer Studies or Information Systems at Grade B.

Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Statistics- Higher or A Level Mathematics at B. Admission to Astronomy requires Standard Grade Physics at 2 or GCSE Physics at B.

Chemistry- Higher or A Level Chemistry at Grade B or above

Physics- Higher or A Level Physics at Grade B or above

thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending