The Student Room Group

Quick question... land law.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Forum User
If the deed says "N's children's horses can graze" then I agree that is only a personal advantage

I think as a matter of general strategy, it's fine to say something like 'well, this probably isn't an easement for x,y, z reasons', but then go on to say 'but if that is wrong, the effect would be [that it binds the purchaser of the servient land, or whatever]', because then, if the examiner thinks you are wrong about the first part, you will still get marks for discussing the other aspects. Of course, you shouldn't do that if you are completely certain that the right is not an easement, because then you would be wasting time and effort on the next part of the discussion.

Thanks. My notes say an easement is over land, but a profit is a right to take something (in this case, grass). I was wandering whether or not the taking of the grass would automatically make it void. As profits have the same requirements i'll throw that in too. :smile:
Original post by Marthis
That would be amazing! Should I PM you?

Yes, PM me tomorrow at 3pm roughly (after my seminar) I'd be in a library and I'll forward them to you.
PM me your email address and the notes you need. I'll send them to you tomorrow. When I've sent them I'll send you a PM to let you know x
Reply 22
Original post by AthiaKarim
Yes, PM me tomorrow at 3pm roughly (after my seminar) I'd be in a library and I'll forward them to you.
PM me your email address and the notes you need. I'll send them to you tomorrow. When I've sent them I'll send you a PM to let you know x

That's great. Thanks! :smile:
Sabrina decided to retire from her career as a millionaireproperty investor in 1983. She used her entire fortune to purchase an oldschool building (title to which is registered), in order to set up a school forIrish dancing (of which she is a former Open Championship winner). In the earlyyears of the school, Sabrinafound that she had more space than she needed and could do with some extracash. She therefore allowed Tiffany,an Irish dancer and teacher, to share the school’s facilities in return for asmall monthly ‘rent.’ In 1988, as both Sabrina’s and Tiffany’s businessesexpanded, Tiffany contributed to the cost of extending the dance hall andcreating a partitioned space for her work. At this time she stopped paying ‘rent’, but there was neverany formal agreement about the arrangement.

guys quick question on Licences (land law)

what type of licence does Tiffany have? (any answers will help)
is it a contractual one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending