The Student Room Group

Cambridge Land Economy 2024 offer-holders

hey!

Just wanted to make this thread for all those applying to the Land Economy course at Cambridge for 2024 entry. Perhaps we could discuss personal statements, grades, colleges, etc.

:smile:

Volunteer note: Please note that sharing or requesting social media handles or group chats is not permitted under the TSR community guidelines.
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, Its nice to see someone else applying lol! Im applying to Johns with A*A*A* predictions wbu?
Reply 2
Original post by ciabatta1
Hey, Its nice to see someone else applying lol! Im applying to Johns with A*A*A* predictions wbu?

Health competition - likewise, my daughter has applied to Johns with A*A*A* predictions! Hopefully you will both get in.

It's nice that the applications are in, so now it's just a waiting game.
Reply 3
how are you guys preparing for the interviews?
Original post by Anonymous
how are you guys preparing for the interviews?

My school is actually being pretty helpful with organising mock interviews and I’m just keeping on top of my reading. Wbu??
Reply 5
Original post by Squashysalmon
My school is actually being pretty helpful with organising mock interviews and I’m just keeping on top of my reading. Wbu??

Nothing has been arranged at my daughters school, but hopefully some mock interviews will be scheduled for nearer the time. Still 2 months away so plenty of time. I don't think she is doing too much at the moment other than finishing a couple of the books that she mentioned in her PS.
Reply 6
hey!

Just wanted to make this thread for all those applying to the Land Economy course at Cambridge for 2024 entry. Perhaps we could discuss personal statements, grades, colleges, etc.

Hey, I’ve applied to Magdalene with A*A*A achieved and predicted A* for the retake in the one i got an A in. Has anyone heard about interviews yet?!
Reply 7
Original post by Hdjebe
Hey, I’ve applied to Magdalene with A*A*A achieved and predicted A* for the retake in the one i got an A in. Has anyone heard about interviews yet?!

Have only heard of one interview invite for Land Econ so far, but that was for Girton.
Reply 8
Original post by lalexm
Have only heard of one interview invite for Land Econ so far, but that was for Girton.

Thank you. I had a look at the ones from last year and they seem to mostly come out around the 18th (for Magdalene at least)
Reply 9
I got one from pembroke last week - what are you guys doing to prepare? Still got a month to go till interview!
Reply 10
Daughter is just doing some reading. Her school won’t do mock interviews until students get an interview invite, so hope she gets one soon.
Reply 11
Original post by 123livvyx
I got one from pembroke last week - what are you guys doing to prepare? Still got a month to go till interview!

How about you? What are you doing to prepare? Having a confirmed interview and therefore something concrete to work towards I guess makes it a little easier to motivate yourself, although of course everyone you are competing against is in the same position at Pembroke.
Reply 12
anyone got an interview for land econ from st johns?
Reply 13
anyone got an interview for land econ from st johns?

Nope. Daughter is waiting for Johns also. Looks like there are quite a few that have applied to Johns.
Reply 14
Original post by Hdjebe

I have just received one from Downing!
Reply 15
Original post by j_nash12

oh! all the best. when is the interview scheduled for?
Reply 16
Original post by j_nash12

Congrats. I wish johns would hurry up.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous #1
hey!

I was going to apply, ended up not applying might be for the best lol. I got A*A* doing my last now, so I think I wouldn't be competitive enough lol
Original post by Hdjebe

I have my interview offer for Caius! Has anyone else applied for Gonville and Caius?
Reply 19
Original post by Marikaansz
I have my interview offer for Caius! Has anyone else applied for Gonville and Caius?

congratulations! could you share what date is the interview so i have some idea of the time frame they give? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending