The Student Room Group

Land Economy Cambridge

Hi everyone I am applying to Land Economy entry 2025 and study biology chemistry maths and economics a level I plan to drop biology and do an EPQ which will be politics related. are my subjects sufficient enough for this course?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone I am applying to Land Economy entry 2025 and study biology chemistry maths and economics a level I plan to drop biology and do an EPQ which will be politics related. are my subjects sufficient enough for this course?

Mention no more than 3 books from this list or your own list ideally!!! 😀

Preparing for a Land Economy degree | Department of Land Economy (cam.ac.uk)

There are 8 other applicants who will be 'fighting' for the same place as you!!! ☹️ So you really must produce a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement.

Furthermore, the MyCambridge Application Personal Statement will enable you to show your true passion and enthusiasm to your prospective college and admissions tutors who will be interviewing you, so make a good effort to complete it successfully.

Lastly, almost 9 in 10 applicants took A-Level Maths and A-Level Economics, so a quantitative science like A-Level Chemistry will be good too. You also need to remember 2 in 3 applicants had achieved A star, A star and A grades. ☹️
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Mention no more than 3 books from this list or your own list ideally!!! 😀

Preparing for a Land Economy degree | Department of Land Economy (cam.ac.uk)

There are 8 other applicants who will be 'fighting' for the same place as you!!! ☹️ So you really must produce a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement.

Furthermore, the MyCambridge Application Personal Statement will enable you to show your true passion and enthusiasm to your prospective college and admissions tutors who will be interviewing you, so make a good effort to complete it successfully.

Lastly, almost 9 in 10 applicants took A-Level Maths and A-Level Economics, so a quantitative science like A-Level Chemistry will be good too. You also need to remember 2 in 3 applicants had achieved A star, A star and A grades. ☹️

Thank You So Much! Just one quick question do you think I will be at a disadvantage not doing geography a-level. Also do you think its worth doing an as level in further maths as a sort of extra qualification.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank You So Much! Just one quick question do you think I will be at a disadvantage not doing geography a-level. Also do you think its worth doing an as level in further maths as a sort of extra qualification.

A-Level Geography is not a requirement. Almost all applicants had A-Level Maths and A-Level Economics. 🙂

AS-Level in Further Maths will be welcomed, as there are so many applicants.

Read some of the content recommended in the Economics, Geography and Law sections!!! 😉

super-curricular_suggestions.pdf (cam.ac.uk)
Original post by thegeek888
A-Level Geography is not a requirement. Almost all applicants had A-Level Maths and A-Level Economics. 🙂

AS-Level in Further Maths will be welcomed, as there are so many applicants.

Read some of the content recommended in the Economics, Geography and Law sections!!! 😉

super-curricular_suggestions.pdf (cam.ac.uk)

Hi there!
I am applying for 2025 entry too as a gap year student (post alevels)
I take currently Maths, Further Maths, Econ and Chemistry and will be sitting my a -levels this year
If I where to achieve 3A*'s and A realistically, would this be enough as a competitive post alevel candidate as I know you need to achieve higher grades
all advice would be appreciated
Original post by aangie124567
Hi there!
I am applying for 2025 entry too as a gap year student (post alevels)
I take currently Maths, Further Maths, Econ and Chemistry and will be sitting my a -levels this year
If I where to achieve 3A*'s and A realistically, would this be enough as a competitive post alevel candidate as I know you need to achieve higher grades
all advice would be appreciated

Yes, as long as you have A stars in Maths and Economics. 😉 But it will also depend a lot on the interviews.
Reply 6
Does anyone know the interview rate for this course, cannot seem to find the information? What area do they weight the most considering there is no admission assessment?
Reply 7
Original post by MattKen
Does anyone know the interview rate for this course, cannot seem to find the information? What area do they weight the most considering there is no admission assessment?
Not sure if they publish the rate per subject, but normally it’s about 70% across the university.
Reply 8
Hi. May I know the entry requirement of land economy, is an essay based subject necessary?

According to their webpage:
"Subject requirements
While we don't ask for any specific subjects to apply to Land Economy, Colleges normally require A*/7 in an essay-based subject.
We’d also recommend certain subjects for a strong application:

Economics

Mathematics

You might be asked to achieve an A* in specific subjects (for example one of your essay-based subjects) as part of your offer."

I study AL math, econ, chemistry and biology, is this OK?

Thanks!!!!!
Reply 9
Original post by jobb11
Hi. May I know the entry requirement of land economy, is an essay based subject necessary?
"Subject requirements
While we don't ask for any specific subjects to apply to Land Economy, Colleges normally require A*/7 in an essay-based subject.

Economics

Mathematics

You might be asked to achieve an A* in specific subjects (for example one of your essay-based subjects) as part of your offer."
Thanks!!!!!
Hi! I think you should be more than fine with those subjects. I have an offer, and I do Maths , Economics, Physics and Computer Science A Level.
Reply 10
Original post by jobb11
"Subject requirements

Economics

Mathematics

Thanks!!!!!
Economics AL is an essay based subject, plus although not mandatory, Economics and Maths are often cited as the most useful subjects for Land Economy, so your subject combination is absolutely fine.

As per the other posters though, with 9 applicants per place in 2023 you are not going to get in with just A-levels. You will need to do a lot of supercuriculars that show a passion for the subject, have a great PS and do well at interview.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending