The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

I recently applied for admission into the Bachelor of Nursing programme. Entry requirements for most of the universities are to have some sort of degree or exam done in Mathematics and Biology. However, I did not take exams in these subjects during secondary school. I studied nursing for two and a half years in The Netherlands, which included numeracy and biology. Will this be sufficient as well? Most of my qualifications from secondary school aren't really relevant to the nursing course, but I did study nursing for a long time and have a lot of work experience. Do you think this will be somewhat equivalent to the entry requirements?
Original post by Adooren
I recently applied for admission into the Bachelor of Nursing programme. Entry requirements for most of the universities are to have some sort of degree or exam done in Mathematics and Biology. However, I did not take exams in these subjects during secondary school. I studied nursing for two and a half years in The Netherlands, which included numeracy and biology. Will this be sufficient as well? Most of my qualifications from secondary school aren't really relevant to the nursing course, but I did study nursing for a long time and have a lot of work experience. Do you think this will be somewhat equivalent to the entry requirements?

If your qualifications are not British you'll need to get in touch with each uni and ask if they'll accept what you have. Every uni will have it's own policy on what it can and cannot accept :yes:.
Reply 2
Original post by Neostigmine
If your qualifications are not British you'll need to get in touch with each uni and ask if they'll accept what you have. Every uni will have it's own policy on what it can and cannot accept :yes:.

Thanks, you're a darling!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending