The Student Room Group

Geography A AQA GCSE 2016 exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reu_taylor
lol.PNG

Surely you can only do mass tourism due to what the spec says?

SOOOO GLAD I DID MASS TOURISM THANKS FOR THIS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
SOOOO GLAD I DID MASS TOURISM THANKS FOR THIS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought surely can't be eco as it said "established" so I did mass as well
Yeah I thought surely can't be eco as it said "established" so I did mass as well

Did you do kenya??? People are saying it's not a tropical country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
Did you do kenya??? People are saying it's not a tropical country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did Kenya, how is it not a tropical country? Says it in the revision guide I'm pretty sure
Yeah I did Kenya, how is it not a tropical country? Says it in the revision guide I'm pretty sure

alright just wanted to check :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Declan2000
Hi made a account just to ask this Basically I messed up I didn't use the "Correct" Case Studies.I Did -Population change -Development Gap -TourismFirst on the 8 marker Poulation change the question was write about the strategies for a country facing rapid growth.For some reason I wrote about the UK not China.I first said the UK population is rapidly increasing because of a Ageing population,Influx of EU migrants and the baby boom during the recession.Strategies I put were -Building Homes -Sex education -Free contraceptives Second mess up I did was the A Tropical tourist resort about how it can make money and stop negitive impacts.I wrote about Matchu Pitchu/Inca trai which is in the Andes (Peru,South America) rather than Antigua.Basically I said they make money from charging people to visit and they pay tour guides and Sherpas.And they prevent negotiated by limiting the amount of people,strict rules on littering,stop people climbing on the ruins and finally the close during febuary to allow vegetation and paths to recover.Will I still get marks like more than say 2 for each answer and will it be accepted as still valid.

I really don't think it will that bad. For the Q1, they did not specify (for example I didn't do China or Kerala) so you can choose anything - look up examiners reports they say you can do anything within reason so that should be absolutely fine. The U.K. isn't rapidly increasing, but that will probably only be a couple of marks.

Q2 - Peru isn't exactly tropical but then I've seen people get up to 6 marks without a case study at all so it shouldn't be too bad, but worse than Q1. Examiners have to mark positively and if you've written a whole answer I doubt you will get zero.
Original post by j.bolding2
i also used the kerala as my case study

Personally, I used the China's One Child Policy. But you could've used transmigration in Indonesia, too.

As long as you've given sufficient information about what the country did and its effects on population (whether it worked or not, basically), you're fine. They do accept Student's own information as well.
Reply 87
Original post by H.cool
Does anyone know any common topics which appear on the AQA Geography A human AND physical paper?
Also, is there a website where I can find older past papers - pre- 2012?
Many thanks

I haven't looked through these replies so maybe someone already answer this but here's a website that gives you papers back to 2011 AQA gcse geo. just copy and paste into searchbar and they should come up:

http://pastpapers.org/aqa-gcse-geography-a
Reply 88
thank you,can i have 2012 or 2011 gcse geography past paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending