The Student Room Group

M1 question

1455703397522-391350151.jpg I have worked out that resistance force is 575n for a but for b, why doesn't he resistance stay the same even though the object is not on a hill anymore? In b the answer involves using 575n but how could it work? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by coconut64
1455703397522-391350151.jpg I have worked out that resistance force is 575n for a but for b, why doesn't he resistance stay the same even though the object is not on a hill anymore? In b the answer involves using 575n but how could it work? Thank you.

the resistance in this problem is non gravitational
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
the resistance in this problem is non gravitational

What do you mean by non gravitational in this question?? Thanks
Reply 3
What do you mean by non gravitational in this question?? Thanks

air resistance for example
Reply 4
Original post by TeeEm
air resistance for example

Yes I understand that there is only one resistance force which is 575 worked out in a. But what I don't understand is that since the object is not on the hill, one of the horizontal force will be removed, so surely resistance will be bigger as a result?but the answer uses 575 , which I don't get Thanks
Reply 5
Yes I understand that there is only one resistance force which is 575 worked out in a. But what I don't understand is that since the object is not on the hill, one of the horizontal force will be removed, so surely resistance will be bigger as a result?but the answer uses 575 , which I don't get Thanks

still the same air resistance
Reply 6
Original post by TeeEm
still the same air resistance

It doesn't make sense though, I would never have thought of that in the exam...
Reply 7
It doesn't make sense though, I would never have thought of that in the exam...

makes perfect physical sense
The air resistance should not change

Quick Reply

Latest