The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

2016 A-Level Exam Threads Directory!

Scroll to see replies

hi guys, i want help on this question that i;'m stuck, which i need help on for homework which is due tommorow

1.) Describe how octrahedral complexes can display cis-trans isomerism?

2.) When do octrahedral complexes display optical isomerism?
Does anyone know what the limitations imposed by the nature of the phospholipid bilayer are?
I can't seem to find an appropriate website...
Thanks
i got 3 U's in my AS level. 2 of them were reformed and 1 of them wasnt, does that mean I have to resit the whole year again? also i can do the same subjects again right?
Reply 203
What do I do with these AS Level results? AADE in Maths, History, Chemistry and Computing respectively. I wanted to drop history but I got an A. Would it be smart for me to drop it considering that I would only be carrying my maths grade forward as the rest of the subjects are linear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 204
Original post by afrosamurai
Hi, I'm coming from a non-selective education and would like to know how best to prepare for the entrance exams into the Sixth Forms of St Swithun's , St Mary's Ascot, Cheltenham, St Paul's, Westminster and Marlborough. The subjects I'm thinking about taking are Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Classical Civilisations or Psychology. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure if this is still useful but I applied to St Swithun's and Cheltenham and I chose Cheltenham( I'm starting this September). Honestly, I didn't prepare much for any of my entrance exams (which I don't recommend) but normally once you apply, schools give you lists of topics to revise for your entrance exams which are based on your subject choices. I have something for Maths and Chemistry that I hope you might find helpful.
can you pls add my exam thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4284136&p=67283840#post67283840 I want as much help as I can get cos I can't stop having panic attacks just thinking about Sixth Form so having a lot of resources may help me.
Reply 206
Hey guys
i was wondering if these grades are good enough to get into st dominics sixth form

I got an overall A* in science, an A in Geography, an A in maths, a B in history, a B in English Lit/lang, a B in RS, a B in ICT and a C in spanish. Overall:1 A*3 A's5 B's1 C I want to study Biology, Psychology, Chemistry and GeogrpahyI am religious as well.Are these grades good enough???
Does anyone know where to find the exam papers from ?
Can anyone tell me whether there is an Economics and Desicion Maths 1 thread? and if there is can I please have the links?
Original post by SamuelN98
Hey.
Does anyone know if there is a thread for chemistry OCR B
A level exams?

Hey, I know this is really late but did you find anything. I'm also doing this exam but it feels like I'm the only one because I can't seem to find anything for it
Is anyone doing aqa as
level music?
Original post by jamestg
I think I'm going to die

It's not the end of the world if you fail your A levels there are other routes into H.E.
Just locking this thread to avoid confusion with the 2018 edition which is in the secondary schools, sixth form and FE college forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile