The Student Room Group

Aston or Cranfield for Msc (Business)

Hey guys

I got an offer from Aston ( Msc in International Business) and Cranfield (Masters in Management). Checking different rankings, both seem great options ( Cranfield slightly better) however taking into consideration Aston location in Birmingham and the possibility of either internship and/or exchange semester I am slightly inclined to Aston.

Anyone who has taken one of these courses or studied in these universities who could give me an insight?

Note: I do not want to apply to London, I lived there for a while and I do not see myself studying there.

Thanks in advance!

Camilo
Original post by erdiles
Hey guys

I got an offer from Aston ( Msc in International Business) and Cranfield (Masters in Management). Checking different rankings, both seem great options ( Cranfield slightly better) however taking into consideration Aston location in Birmingham and the possibility of either internship and/or exchange semester I am slightly inclined to Aston.

Anyone who has taken one of these courses or studied in these universities who could give me an insight?

Note: I do not want to apply to London, I lived there for a while and I do not see myself studying there.

Thanks in advance!

Camilo

Hi,

Thanks for considering us, you seem like you've already delved into the rankings and stats so i won't bore you with those, i was just wondering if you had any specific questions about Aston or Student life in Birmingham.

I'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local so i can handle anything you can throw at me.

Josh
Reply 2
Hey JoshThanks for reaching out, I would like to know the following things:

1. How is the support to find a job post graduation? I would like to stay in Europe ( still do not know if in UK) and I know is hard without a EU passport. I did not feel any kind of support regarding this within my bachelor studies ( in Stockholm) therefore this is a key point for me

2. The International business has the option to go abroad however is said is under special conditions, is there any competition considering grades for this? Also which are the partner universities for postgraduate exchange?

3. What is the best thing about student life and the university itself ( what is your USP which makes the university unique compared to others in UK or Europe)

4. I have heard Aston is quite international in general but in a programme like the one I am applying to, how many nationalities you see?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

Camilo
Reply 3
Hi Camilo
My best mate studied the MiM at Cranfield University. He really enjoyed the course and his 12 week internship. Their careers department worked really closely with him to help him get the job he wanted. The Uni is really focussed on business. Wish I'd gone there.
Reply 4
Original post by blingg
Hi Camilo
My best mate studied the MiM at Cranfield University. He really enjoyed the course and his 12 week internship. Their careers department worked really closely with him to help him get the job he wanted. The Uni is really focussed on business. Wish I'd gone there.

Hey blingg

Thanks for your reply, is it possible for me to contact your friend to ask questions about the programme? Also may I ask you where did you studied?

Cheers

Camilo
Reply 5
Original post by erdiles
Hey blingg

Thanks for your reply, is it possible for me to contact your friend to ask questions about the programme? Also may I ask you where did you studied?

Cheers

Camilo

Hi, I also have an offer with cranfield for the MIM, I think the best for you is to contact current student to have a better opinion of each program. I think it depends your experience and goals after the master ? Cranfield has really small classes, the program also focus on personal development and focus ( which in my point of view is a must have), and it seems to use the same model as their MBA which I didn't need to mention is a top MBA.
The program is still quite young but as I know all the students from the previous intake had a paid internship, the career service is also really good. And Cranfield has great reputation for management and among employer.
Reply 6
Original post by AVA05
Hi, I also have an offer with cranfield for the MIM, I think the best for you is to contact current student to have a better opinion of each program. I think it depends your experience and goals after the master ? Cranfield has really small classes, the program also focus on personal development and focus ( which in my point of view is a must have), and it seems to use the same model as their MBA which I didn't need to mention is a top MBA.
The program is still quite young but as I know all the students from the previous intake had a paid internship, the career service is also really good. And Cranfield has great reputation for management and among employer.

Yes I did some massive research, asking alumnis and current students. The only negative point seems the location however the workload is so high that can be considered as an advantage.

Are you taking the offer?
Reply 7
Original post by erdiles
Yes I did some massive research, asking alumnis and current students. The only negative point seems the location however the workload is so high that can be considered as an advantage.

Are you taking the offer?

Yeah I but I also learn that they are lot of trip organised pretty much everywhere in the uk and activities. The city is not that far as well and not that small seems to have a nice night life and things to see.
About the workload I heard is pretty intensive you have several real consultancy project, and also the 3 months internship that shorten a bit the program and make it more intensive.
Don't forget that it's a postgraduate only institution which that could actually add a lot to your experience, skills, and knowledges. people in your class will have no or some work experience that will make interactions between classmate valuable.

And if you consider a MBA somehow this degree could be a pre MBA as well :smile:.

I applied to other universities but it was my first choice so I'm gonna accept the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending