The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

logistics and supply chain management in Sussex university or Cranfield university!

Hello everyone,

I recently received offers from both the University of Sussex and Cranfield University for their Supply Chain Management programs. Both are great institutions, but I am having a tough time deciding between the two.

I understand that there are many factors to consider such as teaching style, location, student life, etc. But I would really like to focus more on their reputation and potential future opportunities after graduation.

In terms of reputation and job prospects in the field of Supply Chain Management, which of these universities would you say has a better standing? If you have any firsthand experiences or know someone who has studied at either institution, I would appreciate your insights.
Original post by himanal
Hello everyone,

I recently received offers from both the University of Sussex and Cranfield University for their Supply Chain Management programs. Both are great institutions, but I am having a tough time deciding between the two.

I understand that there are many factors to consider such as teaching style, location, student life, etc. But I would really like to focus more on their reputation and potential future opportunities after graduation.

In terms of reputation and job prospects in the field of Supply Chain Management, which of these universities would you say has a better standing? If you have any firsthand experiences or know someone who has studied at either institution, I would appreciate your insights.

Hi,

Thanks for your question! I agree there are lots of factors, but I will focus on reputation and future opportunities at Cranfield.

Cranfield is ranked 2nd in the UK and 11th in the world for Supply Chain Management, according to the QS Business Master’s Rankings 2023 (https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/business-masters-rankings/supply-chain-management/2023). This includes ranking 1st in the UK for Employability and Value for Money.

After graduation:
"Cranfield Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc graduates have secured jobs with a diverse range of companies including: Airbus; Tata Consultancy Services; Group Lotus; Adidas; Lidl; BMW Group; Toyota Motors; HelloFresh; KPMG; Kuehne & Nagel; Bentley; Saint Gobain; United Biscuits; Heineken; Eli Lilly UK; Unilever and Deutsche Bank. Their roles have included: Buyer; Supply Chain Analyst; Logistics Manager; Demand Planner and Supply Chain Operations Manager."
(https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/logistics-and-supply-chain-management#Careers)

You might be interested in our Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc blogs (https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/category/lscm/) to see more personal insights and experiences.

Please feel free to ask anything else that you're curious about! :smile:

Gemma
1st year Environment & Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending