The Student Room Group

MSc Finance and Investment at University of Exeter

How is the MSc Finance and Investment course at Exeter for getting employed in the UK
I have offers from-
MSc Finance and Investment - University of Exeter
MSc Finance and Investment - University of Leeds
MSc Finance - Cranfield University
MSc Investment and Finance - Queen Mary University London
Which one should I go for P.S - I am an International student with a 1st class degree in business studies and with a year of experience in finance industry but role was of an intern.
Hi @Kedar Nanaware!

Thank you for considering studying with Cranfield university. I am a current PhD student at Cranfield and I can highly recommend our uni. Your chosen Finance MScis a top-ranked finance master's course at Cranfield (UK top 10 and world top 50).

Would you like to check all the details connected to the course, including course modules? Please check here Finance MSc (cranfield.ac.uk).

Cranfield university is also known for its high employability and excellent career services, they really help with everything. Our Finance MSc graduates have secured jobs with organisations including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Barclays Investment Bank, Bloomberg, Bank Indonesia, Lloyds Banking Group, Credit Agricole, Diageo, Ernst & Young, Thomson Reuters, Toyota, UBS and Morgan Stanley. Their roles have included Data Analyst, Financial Planner, Consultant, Private Equity Analyst and Financial Risk Manager.

Cranfield university is located in a very peaceful place between Milton Keynes and Bedford (both 30-40 minutes from London), so you can have both - peace of the countryside and liveliness of the city (including all opportunities). Our university also offers highly paid part-time or casual jobs, which are just fun (I do two of those :smile:).

Do you have any specific question regarding your course? I can address your question and ask the course supervisor if you are thinking about anything specific.

Please let me know :smile:

Lucie
PhD Student
Student ambassador
Cranfield University
Original post by Kedar Nanaware
How is the MSc Finance and Investment course at Exeter for getting employed in the UK
I have offers from-
MSc Finance and Investment - University of Exeter
MSc Finance and Investment - University of Leeds
MSc Finance - Cranfield University
MSc Investment and Finance - Queen Mary University London
Which one should I go for P.S - I am an International student with a 1st class degree in business studies and with a year of experience in finance industry but role was of an intern.

Hi Kedar,

Great to hear that you are interested in studying MSc Finance and Investment at the University of Exeter. Recently our Business School was recognised as Times Business School of the Year (2022) and as number 1 in the UK for graduate prospects (Complete University Guide 2023). You can find a lot more about the department and specific courses on the webpage here, but I'd especially encourage you to look at the Careers section here to see the different schemes you can benefit from, including 1-to-1 career mentorship, study abroad schemes and the QTEM programme. Also regarding employability,
you'll gain access to our unique careers service, Careers Zone, that is available not only while you're studying at university, but for life afterwards. Personally, this service has been invaluable to me in helping craft applications, refine my CV and practice interview and presentation techniques in my own academic journey from undergrad, to masters and now PhD.

You might also like to chat with some current University of Exeter students, including those doing postgraduate study based at the business school, using our unibuddy service - linked here (make sure to search by area of study!). These current students will be best placed to talk to you about their current experience of the course and their own plans and expectations for employment afterwards.

I hope that's helpful, but please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kingsley
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending