The Student Room Group

Tracking past paper completion

Before I begin working my way through past papers for revision, I want to find an effective way of keeping track of the papers I've completed.
I was thinking of something like an excel/google sheets document with all the exam paper dates in the row on the leftmost column and the exam papers for the following columns. From there you could fill each cell with a tick or completed date. For the latter, it would be cool if the dates automatically color coded themselves based on how long it has been since you completed the paper(e.g red 1 month, amber 2 months idk).

Does anybody know of anything somewhat similar to this? If not I'll make one myself.

Edit- created my own basic version:
(edited 7 years ago)
This is exactly what I did at a levels - except I converted all my scores into UMS scores and then color coded according to this. I'm not the best at excel so had to do the color coding manually (only takes like two seconds anyway each time you enter a score), but there's probably a way of getting excel to do it for you.
Personally I think color coding by score is more useful than by date completed since it makes is much easier to see your progress - work throufh the past papers in chronological order (it's a good idea to do this anyway) and then you should be able to see a nice increase in scores as you go along :smile:
It wouldn't be too hard to make one, if you do, make a generic one and put it out there for people to use. I'm sure people would appreciate it.
That does sound like a good idea actually, and manually color coding would probably be faster than the time it would take to figure out how to get excel to do it haha.
I have one of these :P Its for maths and has each year from 2004? to 2015 along the top and "Jan" and "June" down the left hand side. I have one for C1 and C2 and each time I mark a paper I put the grade in
I quickly mocked this up:
Anyone should be able to it download for their own use.
The only column which works is for F451 and it automatically color codes the value based on conditional formatting I set up, which was a lot easier than I originally thought it would be.
I haven't done the rest yet as I need to double check the grade boundaries first, but it would just be a matter of copying the template into the other columns and altering the values for the color code.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
where can i download this file?

Original post by username2460773
I quickly mocked this up:
Anyone should be able to it download for their own use.
The only column which works is for F451 and it automatically color codes the value based on conditional formatting I set up, which was a lot easier than I originally thought it would be.
I haven't done the rest yet as I need to double check the grade boundaries first, but it would just be a matter of copying the template into the other columns and altering the values for the color code.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending