The Student Room Group

ISIS & Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Why?

I neither know nor care.
The Salafi/Wahhabi ideology is the problem. Tackle the ideology and you tackle the root of ISIS.
Original post by Slutty Salafi
Is this actually true? :sly:

It's true that they made the price drop.... but why has it stayed low? that's still a mistery
What's the difference between salafists and wahabis? I though IS members were wahabis

Wahabism is similar to Salafism since both are ultra-conservative understandings of Islam, with perhaps the only difference being that the term 'Wahabi' is a bit more specific to those who adhere to the teachings of Sheikh Ibn Adbul Wahab from where the name comes, although it's often the case that Salafis take from his teachings too. ISIS members may share some ideals or beliefs that Wahabis have, since the teachings of Ibn Abdul Wahab largely focused around the concept of Tawheed (the oneness of God), and they might see their own mission similar to him since he conquered Arabia and cleared the land of innovated practices and Shirk, but that's where the similarities end because then ISIS declare anyone who opposes them to be apostates, anyone who commits certain sins are apostates, anyone with certain views are apostates etc and that is why ISIS execute so many civilians and their own men, and this not from Wahabism.

Wahabi or 'Wobbler' is often used as a slur against people (not ISIS) who are conservative and only folow the authentic teachings of Islam, and it is often used by those who come from deviant sects or branches with innovated beliefs who get butt hurt that the person they are calling a Wobbler doesn't approve of said innovated and made up beliefs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
It's true that they made the price drop.... but why has it stayed low? that's still a mistery

[
Its obvious... Mossad :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemting
I don't know, I thought all oil coming out of OPEC are forced to be sold on the dollar?

Plus, the dollar is the world's reserve currency so its the easiest.

That was my understanding also, but Islamic State are not exactly known for obeying the rules.

Original post by chemting

Well, it's weird to see US politicians advocating for ground troops against IS, even though it is a declining "state" that is losing territory, money, personnel and influence everyday. I thought the ground troops are actually to fight against Assad, however I'm not so sure now haha. I think America's involvement is more to help KSA and Israel than anything else.

America and the KSA seem so to like each other less and less each day. I read a very interesting article which suggested that Obama feels the future of the world is away from the ME and wants America to look towards more prosperous geopolitical theaters.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wahabism is similar to Salafism since both are ultra-conservative understandings of Islam, with perhaps the only difference being that the term 'Wahabi' is a bit more specific to those who adhere to the teachings of Sheikh Ibn Adbul Wahab from where the name comes, although it's often the case that Salafis take from his teachings too. ISIS members may share some ideals or beliefs that Wahabis have, since the teachings of Ibn Abdul Wahab largely focused around the concept of Tawheed (the oneness of God), and they might see their own mission similar to him since he conquered Arabia and cleared the land of innovated practices and Shirk, but that's where the similarities end because then ISIS declare anyone who opposes them to be apostates, anyone who commits certain sins are apostates, anyone with certain views are apostates etc and that is why ISIS execute so many civilians and their own men, and this not from Wahabism.

Wahabi or 'Wobbler' is often used as a slur against people (not ISIS) who are conservative and only folow the authentic teachings of Islam, and it is often used by those who come from deviant sects or branches with innovated beliefs who get butt hurt that the person they are calling a Wobbler doesn't approve of said innovated and made up beliefs.

This post is full of BS. They cleared the land of Shirk and Innovation? Mate, they slaughtered Muslims. Read up on your history. Wahhabism is not Islam. With that mentality go ahead and join ISIS because their preaching the same thing. "Sheikh" Abdul-Wahab? Tawheed? Conquered Arabia? Abdul-Wahab Declared any muslim against him as an apostate... There is no difference between what he did and what ISIS are doing. Wahhabism is a cancer and needs to be destroyed. The majority of muslims do not fullow salafism/wahhabism which are one and the same. The majority of Muslims condemn the actions of Wahhabis and the likes.

Thank you
Original post by Someboady
This post is full of BS. They cleared the land of Shirk and Innovation? Mate, they slaughtered Muslims. Read up on your history. Wahhabism is not Islam. With that mentality go ahead and join ISIS because their preaching the same thing. "Sheikh" Abdul-Wahab? Tawheed? Conquered Arabia? Abdul-Wahab Declared any muslim against him as an apostate... There is no difference between what he did and what ISIS are doing. Wahhabism is a cancer and needs to be destroyed. The majority of muslims do not fullow salafism/wahhabism which are one and the same. The majority of Muslims condemn the actions of Wahhabis and the likes.

If you think you are more knowledgeable than Sheikh Ibn Abdul Wahab on Tawheed, refute Usool Ath Thalatha.
If you consider worshipping graves, asking the dead for help and having having venerated trees to be permissible, then you have committed Shirk - it is this Shirk and innovation that he opposed, since the worst of matters are indeed Shirk and those things innovated by the people.

What is your aqeedah?
If you think you are more knowledgeable than Sheikh Ibn Abdul Wahab on Tawheed, refute Usool Ath Thalatha.
If you consider worshipping graves, asking the dead for help and having having venerated trees to be permissible, then you have committed Shirk - it is this Shirk and innovation that he opposed, since the worst of matters are indeed Shirk and those things innovated by the people.

What is your aqeedah?

I am not more knowledgeable by any definition. But the scholars of Ahl' As Sunnah Wal Jama'ah and the majority of muslims are much more knowledgeable and have condemned Ibn Abdul Wahhab and the sect he created for their actions against the true muslims. Shirk by all definitions is a sin. If you consider the majority of muslims to be Mushriks for seeking a means to Allah then you are misguided just as Ibn Abdul Wahhab was. We do not worship graves. We do not ask the "dead" for help. Venerating trees? I'm sorry you just piled more of your BS in another post. You need to seek traditional Islam buddy. Not the ideology youre following right now.

My Aqeedah is that of the Ahl'As Sunnah Wal Jamaah. I am Hanafi in Fiqh and Ash'ari in Aqeedah. I assume by your persistence in your use of "shirk" and "innovation" that you are Salafi aka part of a minority of Muslims who believe a lot of people are misguided.
Thank you

That's coming from a Salafi. There's quite a difference between the majority of muslims and the Salafi sect. Research some authentic traditional Islam and its explanation of Wahhabism and Salafism.
Original post by KingBradly
The left will say this guy doesn't know what he's talking about/shill for Zionist media/doesn't "represent" Muslims. Just like they do with Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali. It's completely evil, colonialist and wrong for Western people to disregard the experiences of people from other cultures, or to dictate how they should feel about those experiences.

Except of course when it suits their agenda.

Ill be honest, I see the amount of hate from the mainstream Muslim community Maajid Nawaz gets (especially in comparison to cockroaches like Moazzam Begg and other such undesirables, along with how popular disgusting preachers like Zakir Naik) and it's worrying.
I am not more knowledgeable by any definition. But the scholars of Ahl' As Sunnah Wal Jama'ah and the majority of muslims are much more knowledgeable and have condemned Ibn Abdul Wahhab and the sect he created for their actions against the true muslims. Shirk by all definitions is a sin. If you consider the majority of muslims to be Mushriks for seeking a means to Allah then you are misguided just as Ibn Abdul Wahhab was. We do not worship graves. We do not ask the "dead" for help. Venerating trees? I'm sorry you just piled more of your BS in another post. You need to seek traditional Islam buddy. Not the ideology youre following right now.

My Aqeedah is that of the Ahl'As Sunnah Wal Jamaah. I am Hanafi in Fiqh and Ash'ari in Aqeedah. I assume by your persistence in your use of "shirk" and "innovation" that you are Salafi aka part of a minority of Muslims who believe a lot of people are misguided.

Well if you go to seek more knowledge one day, you will perhaps later learn that the likes of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Malik, Imam Shafi and Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal (the founders of the four schools of Fiqh) had a similar aqeedah to Ibn Abdul Wahab, and that the founder of the school of Fiqh that you follow (Imam Abu Hanifa) too disagreed with practices which are now endemic in the South Asian community such as asking the dead for help or other ways of 'getting closer to Allah'.

If you do not know what I meant by the veneration of trees, then perhaps you too should go back and read the history of Ibn Abdul Wahab like you have told me to - one of the many innovations that the people had invented in Arabia were that there were sacred holy trees which gave blessings to the people, and this is totally wrong, so he cut them down since it was at best Bidah and at worst Shirk.
My point here is summarised in a part of the following hadith:
"...The truest word is the Book of Allah and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil matters are those that are newly invented, for every newly invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in the Hellfire".

If people seek a means to get closer to Allah through Shirk or Bidah, then it kind of makes it redundant doesn't it? If you don't understand how innovation destroys a people even if it originally was for a beneficial reason e.g. to get closer to Allah, I would sincerely advise that you read up on how the people of Nuh (AS) first went from being believers to Mushrikeen.

What is traditional Islam if not to follow As Salafus Salih? Are the Sahabah, Tabi'een and the Tabi-tabi'een not the most knowledgeable on Islam after the Prophet (saw)? Are you saying it isn't Shirk to worship graves or ask the dead for help? You use 'Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah' as some kind of daleel; what makes you think that what you believe is the majority belief amongst the ullema anyway?

Yes, a lot of people are misguided because they do not use the Quran and authentic Sunnah and consensus of scholars to generate their beliefs, rather they are people like some Sufis, for example, who have beliefs (such as the need for a spiritual master, a pir, to bless them and link them to the Prophet SAW) which originate from non-Islamic practices that came from India, then use the Quran and Sunnah to match their predetermined beliefs, then because the South Asian subcontinent is so populous, they have the audacity to claim they have Ijmah to justify their bidah.

My advice to you is the same as you gave to QueenBee - study traditional Islam and you will understand the topic better. If you are sincere in seeking knowledge for the sake of Allah, then weigh up the daleel on topics rather than basing your beliefs on emotion.
(edited 8 years ago)

What is your aqeedah?

It is significant that you excuse the violence only by describing the sins of the victims, simultaneously proving the inefficacy of the supposed Islamic rule that there is no compulsion in religion, and demonstrating that you yourself are an apologist for religious excesses of the worst kind.
Wahhabism is not Islam.

Sadly, it is, and you are demonstrating why westerners despair at the reaction of Moslems to the excesses of IS and their fellow-travellers. Clean up Islam as a whole, and bring it into the third millennium.
And it is significant that you aren't actually contributing anything substantial to this thread by giving your opinion and observation, describing a party in a religious war as being victims when if one were to consider that people attempted to assassinate Ibn Abdul Wahab before his support for the conquest of Arabia, it would clearly show a more complex situation than you give the impression of understanding, demonstrating you are pseudo-intellectual rep-whore of the worst kind.

Any war fought on religious grounds is to be condemned. A life wasted to secure dominance of one superstitious belief over another is an abomination.
Your idol stated that Christians and Jews should be treated as sorcerers and put to the sword - a particularly nasty man.
Original post by Good bloke
Any war fought on religious grounds is to be condemned.

That reminds of a quote...

"In my country, if two people make love, the third person is Satan... but if two people make war, the third person is god" Hassan Radwan.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
Oh ok I see so you just wanted to show everyone how little you give a crap about addressing this problem within your religious community.

when i see ISIS and Muslims/islam together then i dont give a crap and thats what the title says :u:
Original post by fatima1998
when i see ISIS and Muslims/islam together then i dont give a crap and thats what the title says :u:

Because you're completely self-serving and would rather protect your own beliefs and identity than deal with a problem within your religious community that costs thousands of lives.
Original post by generallee
You give enough of a crap to make two posts on this thread condemning an article you haven't read.

No wonder there is a cancer inside your religion.

i didn't said anything that shows that i have read it!
i read the title of the thread and thats it!!!
stop making stupid assumptions :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending