The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Hi!
This is for discussion pre and post the up coming FP2 exam :smile:
Lets start the discussion!

For past papers and mark schemes:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-mathematics-3890-3892-7890-7892/

For some older past papers:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/fp2-ocr/

Scroll to see replies

Nearly out of papers for this one :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by drandy76

Posted from TSR Mobile

How're they going at the moment?
Excluding an outlier, I'm getting between 56-66 so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Excluding an outlier, I'm getting between 56-66 so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good!! All As and A*s then! :smile:
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

same and the worst part is we can't even do solomon papers </3
Original post by Gabenite
same and the worst part is we can't even do solomon papers </3

saved a few interesting ones for the day before the exam, will probably redo one of the earlier ones every few weeks or so to keep fresh, otherwise i just use step to keep my skills sharp
How we feelin about this exam? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by duncanjgraham
How we feelin about this exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dead inside

What're you struggling with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how come?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Time keeping and the odd question that just totally kills me, need an A*in this so I'm worried
Posted from TSR Mobile

Time keeping and the odd question that just totally kills me, need an A*in this so I'm worried

Anything in particular that takes your time up? Or is it more a general thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm after an a* as well, pretty sure I'm 90+ over D2 and S2. It's going to be tough on a week Monday
Anything in particular that takes your time up? Or is it more a general thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk just general really I never really know what substitution to use if it doesn't give it me though

i'm after an a* as well, pretty sure I'm 90+ over D2 and S2. It's going to be tough on a week Monday

I totally mucked up M2 and D2 was okay but I cant count on it think I got high 90+ on S2 but it means I've really gotta smash FP2
Idk just general really I never really know what substitution to use if it doesn't give it me though

I totally mucked up M2 and D2 was okay but I cant count on it think I got high 90+ on S2 but it means I've really gotta smash FP2

oh man, I'm not even mentioning m2 because i did absolutely terrible in it. (luckily we're taking 4 a2 units.)

in d2, i know i've lost 3 marks AND then on the last question I didn't make the negative values into positives (they asked for absolute) and so my dynamic programming table has negatives in it as well etc.. I got the correct route tho. I am hoping that this one mistake doesn't cost me lots of marks !!!

Well done on s2, it was a nice paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
oh man, I'm not even mentioning m2 because i did absolutely terrible in it. (luckily we're taking 4 a2 units.)

in d2, i know i've lost 3 marks AND then on the last question I didn't make the negative values into positives (they asked for absolute) and so my dynamic programming table has negatives in it as well etc.. I got the correct route tho. I am hoping that this one mistake doesn't cost me lots of marks !!!

Well done on s2, it was a nice paper.

That doesn't sound too bad, I think I got the wrong augmented flow on the network and got the wrong route for the first part of the last question but I don't know how hoping it's not too many marks
Any suggestions for hard fp2 papers or questions(excluding 2015)? Bit bored atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jan 2012 is probably the hardest paper I've done and I've done all but 2 of them, the last 2 questions are not nice and brings up some fp1 summing series too
Original post by becksreills
Jan 2012 is probably the hardest paper I've done and I've done all but 2 of them, the last 2 questions are not nice and brings up some fp1 summing series too

Thanks I'll try it now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest