The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Edexcel AS-level Biology (Salters Nuffield)?

Anyone doing Edexcel AS-level Biology (Salters Nuffield)?
What are you predictions for the practicals you will be examined on for both Units 1 and 2 in the summer (2016)?
I've moved this to the biology exams sub-forum where hopefully you'll get more responses :smile:
Original post by enigmaticaptcha
They are chosen from the practicals you did during the year. So, you should revise all of them.

I know I have to revise all the practicals but they only test you on a few of them, and there seems to be a slight pattern with which practicals they have chosen in past exams which is why I'm trying to narrow it down and predict what might come up so I can revise those practicals more than the others :wink:
Original post by enigmaticaptcha
You're more likely to do well if you study all of them to the same thorough extent, as opposed to studying some more than others, especially since it's a new course!

Yeah that's true. But where I'm self studying the subject I haven't physically done any of the practicals so only briefly know about them by watching videos online. Do you know any websites or resources that I could get hold of about them?

I still know nothing about the following :frown: ....
Practical 5 - Prepare and stain a root tip squash to observe the stages of mitosis.

Practical 6 - Identify sclerenchyma fibres, phloem sieve tubes and xylem vessels and their location within stems through a light microscope.

Practical 7 - Investigate plant mineral deficiencies.

Practical8 - Determine the tensilestrength of plant fibres.

Practical9 - Investigate the antimicrobialproperties of plants, including aseptic techniques for the safe handling ofbacteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending