The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
if anyone has the june 2006 and jan 2007 unifying concepts paper in bio would be really grateful if you could send to me with mark schemes if poss?
my email is [email protected] thanks x
This is the most ridiculous thing I believe I have ever come across I am in such a stress about what to revise I dont think my brain can take anymore! Please tell me I am not the only one??
Reply 42
^^you're not the only one! i think the best thing to do is do some past papers, and everything that turns up- revise from biology1 and biology2
Reply 43
beacuse of this paper i am soo much stressed....and really worried...i know the stuff but i cant answer the questions properly..and i am FREAKING out.....really need a B....
Reply 44
Have done all the past papers I can find online! If possible can someone send the 3 most recent ones to:

[email protected]

Thanks xxx
Swiftly learning to detest this exam

To all those of you who have done tons of past papers (Im working my way through them...) is there any themes that come up that we should be revising? I've done nitrogen cycle, meiosis/mitosis, a tiny bit of dna, plant hormones, a bit on ecosystems, blood plasma/lymph, and pro/eukaryotes. Are there any big themes i've missed out?

Oh and cell organelle functions etc seems to have come up a couple of times...

Thanks *panicking*
Reply 46
I've done all past papers and cannot get over 65%!
I'm really annoyed that I wasn't entered for it in january. I resat transport and HHD and took central concepts so all the knowledge I needed was fresh in my mind. Now ive gotta revise the whole syllabus again for a crappy little paper :angry:
And i have chem in monday and economics tuesday afternoon.
Oh, and haven't started revising mammalian physiology yet, either :frown:
WelshMe
I've done all past papers and cannot get over 65%

65% on the paper combined with your coursework mark should easily get you a B grade (Depends how well you did in your coursework)
I'm really reassured that everyone is saying UC offers many marks for interpreting data etc. as I have done no AS revision at all. When I think about it, I know a lot of the stuff so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm doing the environmental biology option, which is ridiculously easy considering I also don Environmental Science at A level. Hoping to get most of my marks on that. I need 100 marks to get an E, and believe me I will be over the moon with that, I have really fallen out with Biology this past year. Our teachers have done no preparation during class time for UC.

Is respiratory quotients likely to come up on CC? I hope a lot of the ecology stuff comes up as that is my strong point.
Reply 49
f.amir
65% on the paper combined with your coursework mark should easily get you a B grade (Depends how well you did in your coursework)

My coursework wasn't too bad but the practical was a disaster, with the whole stomata scenario and all!
Oh well, as the parents keep saying - we can only do our best!
Even if the best isn't good enough for what my uni wants...
Reply 50
yeah after the way the pratical went I dont think there is any point working hard for this
Reply 51
am SO glad ppl feel the way i do for this paper and that im not the only one. there is actually no point stressin over it. with our absolute mess of a practical, im hopin grade boundaries will be low. the paper is ridiculous. I just did a paper with 8 marks on the advantages of cutting strips off trees instead of clear-felling. its a lottery unless u no EVERYTHING inside out. but i reckon because of this the grade boundaries wont be 80% or at least i hope so anyway!!
Reply 52
last year the grade boundary was 35/60... was it not?
Reply 53
no, it wasn't
see this is what worried me
last year you needed 89/120 overall to get an A
which means ~43 on the paper
Reply 54
which is pretty good dont you think......i did unifying c in january...had somting to do with....onions..lol..pretty random...i wont even bother revising for it this time either
Reply 55
I think most of the papers are just common sense, if there is a graph or a table make sure that you quote figures, describe the shape of the line on the graph, those sorts of things seem to get the majority of the marks!!!! Am majorly stressing about it though!!!!! Never mind, it will all be over in 2 days!!!!
Reply 56
I think that these papers want to see if you can read all the data they give you, which is usually random stuff you wouldn't have encoutered before, but relates to barely basic biology that we would have done in as and a2. Looking at the markschemes are answers are a lot simplier than you think they will be, so my advice would be to just relax when you see some kind of random questiona abd think of all the possible topics it ould relate to thn satrt answering. But this is definately the worst paper in all of OCR biology! Lets just hope we're fortunate ans its not too bad
could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me the jan 07 paper and mark scheme if possible would be amazing.

[email protected]
Reply 58
How are people revising? Jus going through papers and mark schemes?
Reply 59
pretty much
i need to go over the exercise part of HHD though :frown:
i HATE that topic

and im really annoyed about this years practical aswell :mad:
bah....
i might just concentrate more on cc and mammalian p&b to try and get as many marks there as i can

good luck every one!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending