The Student Room Group

OCR AS Further maths exam - 15th May 2023

How did everyone find the Further maths pure test today?

@Evil Homer
Reply 1
OCR A or B?
I did ocr b and quite enjoyed the exam to be fair! The last two questions (I think they were 6 and 7 markers) were a very satisfying way to end the paper
Reply 3
Original post by GiftedDipstick
I did ocr b and quite enjoyed the exam to be fair! The last two questions (I think they were 6 and 7 markers) were a very satisfying way to end the paper

I did ocr b as well and thought it went alright. Somehow managed to mess up Q1 and the summation one, I guess it’s just exam pressure
Original post by 44233app
I did ocr b as well and thought it went alright. Somehow managed to mess up Q1 and the summation one, I guess it’s just exam pressure

Ooh was the summation one where you had to find it in terms of a, b and n? That one properly threw me
Reply 5
Ooh was the summation one where you had to find it in terms of a, b and n? That one properly threw me

Yeah it threw me too. I could do it the second I got home though :frown:, just cant see how it was worth 5/6 marks
Yeah it threw me too. I could do it the second I got home though :frown:, just cant see how it was worth 5/6 marks

Agh that's the worst kind of problem! It was a weird question though, I'm not sure I've seen anything like it on previous years' papers
Reply 7
Agh that's the worst kind of problem! It was a weird question though, I'm not sure I've seen anything like it on previous years' papers

There was Q5 in this that I remember but nothing else: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/319287-question-paper-further-concepts-for-advanced-mathematics.pdf

Oh well.. Im sure I had also seen the roots of polynomials one somewhere before too, like the exact question
Reply 8
OCR A or B?

I did OCR A
Me too
Reply 10
How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending