The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hello I am....though I'm taking it even less seriously now! I ended up in hospital on a drip at the weekend due to a really nasty sickness bug. I'm only really doing the exam tomorrow to get me back into normality before my important politics and english exams on wednesday and thursday.

Any ideas of what the exam might cover...I havn't looked into it at all!
Reply 2
go to www.wjec.co.uk and follow the links
there's a past paper and answers
worth a look
good luck
Reply 3
The specimen paper is ok I suppose. How do you think your other geography exams have gone?
Hi guys, i'm doing it tomorrow aswell, I have a huge pack from my teachers but haven't looked at it yet...maybe i should........nah!

Its soo long though, 3 hours isn't it?! HELP! :eek:
Reply 5
Lissy

Any ideas of what the exam might cover...I havn't looked into it at all!

You get a 3 hour paper, but the first 30 minutes is READING time. You can make notes etc on the question paper, but you are not allowed to start writing on the answer booklet until the 30 mins is up.
There are 2 sections. section 1 is compulsory - its like a mini DME, similar to the Synoptic of Edexcel, but much shorter and fewer resources. Basically you have the 30 mins to assimilate the resources... then you have a synoptic-type series of questions for Section A. (1hr30mins)
Section 2 is an essay which is very broad and you should be able to do this from the work you have covered over the 2 years - things like a quote, followed by Discuss... such as "Time is the fundamental component in understanding landscapes, discuss" or "Birds of a feather flock together" Discuss with reference to patterns in urban geography. ie they are deliberately broad to allow you to include lots of aspects and your own egs. you will be given 3 to choose from. (1Hour)
Take it as an enjoyable exam(if such a thing exists!) in which you can really go to town and include some of the interesting aspects you have come across during the course. There should be enough choice to allow you to select one that you can do.

Latest

Trending

Trending