The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology Unit 6 IAL (WBIO6)/ May 13th June 2016

Hey Guys! We can discuss the paper here. How was it?

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was quite good actually!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was the Vital Capacity Question?
What is the source of random error? Ways to respect welfare of lizards?
Original post by ~xSarahx~
I thought it was quite good actually!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk if I did the first question correctly...how did you answer the first part?
Reply 5
i prepped literally everything except the frkin spirometer vital capacity question im so sad
Welfare of lizards: I wrote about the keeping the temperatures within the given limits as too low or high temperatures kills the lizards. Ensure that the depth of the soil used to cover the eggs should be thin enough so that it is easy for them to respire after they hatch.

Source of Random error: I talked about some eggs not being viable enough to hatch.

Is that right? :redface:
Reply 7
What did you guys write for the first question? the lizard eggs experiment? what did you control and how?
Original post by xbuttermelon
Idk if I did the first question correctly...how did you answer the first part?

Me too
I put 5 eggs to incubator and wait for 2 months...
Reply 9
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Welfare of lizards: I wrote about the keeping the temperatures within the given limits as too low or high temperatures kills the lizards. Ensure that the depth of the soil used to cover the eggs should be thin enough so that it is easy for them to respire after they hatch.

Source of Random error: I talked about some eggs not being viable enough to hatch.

Is that right? :redface:

thats an awesome answer, WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT T_T.
i was an idiot and wrote release the lizards after experiment. i was thinking on the ethical side of things
Reply 10
my exam was **** now that you guys are atlking about it.
Original post by mystreet091234
Me too
I put 5 eggs to incubator and wait for 2 months...

Same! Just did 10 eggs though :tongue:
Original post by aldamon
thats an awesome answer, WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT T_T.
i was an idiot and wrote release the lizards after experiment. i was thinking on the ethical side of things

Aww! Don't worry. Were you shaking when you were attempting to draw the table coz I certainly was. I didnt know how to draw it. How it you draw it?
Original post by aldamon

Hope the grade boundary is low
Original post by aldamon

I hope the grade boundaries drop & be in our favour :/
Reply 15

everyone quick! SAY YOUR EXAMS WERE BAD! maybe someone from british council or something wil see this and lower grade boundaries. THOSE THINGS ARENT GONNA LOWER THEMSELVES.
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Aww! Don't worry. Were you shaking when you were attempting to draw the table coz I certainly was. I didnt know how to draw it. How it you draw it?

You mean the one w/ apples or question 3?
Reply 17

when i saw the first question (lizard one), i dropped all hope of getting and A*
Original post by aldamon
everyone quick! SAY YOUR EXAMS WERE BAD! maybe someone from british council or something wil see this and lower grade boundaries. THOSE THINGS ARENT GONNA LOWER THEMSELVES.

As far as I know, they'll only be low if after the examiners mark the papers and notice that the overall performance of students is low
I think I messes up the first 6 marker question, because I used quadrat sampling method :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending