The Student Room Group

About IAL series

The IAL allows students to complete the whole of IAL within 2 years, and there are 3 series -Jan,Jun and Oct series in a year, so is it ok to take 1 unit for each series, or will there be issues with this? e.g. Unit 1 chem, bio, phy and maths for jan series, unit 2 for chem,bio,phy and maths for jun series and so on.
no i dont think so as you can choose, however for some subjects may not be available for example in the october series so adjustments would need to be made + if youre studying with a school, then your teachers may decide for you
Reply 2
thanks for the reply.
Is there any difference between taking 4 and 6 series? will unis not accept someone who’s taken 6 series, even if they get full UMS?
Original post by Ialuser
thanks for the reply.
Is there any difference between taking 4 and 6 series? will unis not accept someone who’s taken 6 series, even if they get full UMS?

im not fully sure of that unfortunately, however i think all they care about is you finishing a whole as or a level regardless of whatever series you do as long as you do the same one through as to a2 i believe
Reply 4
what do you mean “same one through AS to A2”? does that mean I have to take June for both AS and A2? or can I take Jan, Jun and Oct for AS, then same for A2, as long as it’s full UMS and I’ve completed the whole of IAL?
i mean is you do the exact same exam board for the entire two years, and yeah you can take jan,jun,oct for AS and then same for A2 however i suggest talking with a school exams officer to get a clearer understanding or perhaps a tutor
Reply 6
understood, thanks.
So it’s still unclear as to whether or not uni officers will accept someone who finished their AS/AL regardless of if they did jan,jun and oct for both AS and A2, yeah?
im highly certain they would however just to be on the safe side its better to consult and ask the right person regarding this to make it fully clear
Reply 8
noted thanks

Quick Reply

Latest