The Student Room Group

need urgent advice ,messed up bad

Is it possible to complete IAL biology (6 units) in 6 months considering that I have all the notes form a top student and some playlists . I am able to study 8 hours daily. Will completing it be eventually worth it ?
I completed A2 this May session with the subjects Phy,Chem ,Math.
I can't take a full gap year bcz my parents are old and I would be a burden to them if I waste so much time .I'm 18. They said that I should complete it in 6 months . I will not have a teacher for regular classes but I will go to a teacher for mocks .I will solely depend on self studying using the book and other resources while preparing if doing this is feasible . I am losing my mind here .
Reply 1
Is it possible to complete IAL biology (6 units) in 6 months considering that I have all the notes form a top student and some playlists . I am able to study 8 hours daily. Will completing it be eventually worth it ?
I can't take a full gap year bcz my parents are old and I would be a burden to them if I waste so much time .I'm 18. They said that I should complete it in 6 months . I will not have a teacher for regular classes but I will go to a teacher for mocks .I will solely depend on self studying using the book and other resources while preparing if doing this is feasible . I am losing my mind here .
Original post by Quillet

In what way have you "messed up bad"? Why take this 4th A level?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
In what way have you "messed up bad"? Why take this 4th A level?

everyone including my parents said it's better to go to a biology related field and I don't even have the required subject
Reply 4
Original post by Quillet
everyone including my parents said it's better to go to a biology related field and I don't even have the required subject

Go into a field you want to go into.. not what they tell you to. If you must go into a biology related field you don’t need biology A-Level. Biomedical Engineering courses only require Maths and Physics A-Level usually. Some Biomedical Science courses just require ‘two sciences’, or ‘chemistry OR biology’, you have that. Just do some research
OMG! I'm in the same boat with my IGCSEs.
I have three months to study **** I've never seen before!
My advice:
- Create a very detail-oriented personal timetable
- Make sure you make time to do stuff you enjoy
- Don't lose your mind (I chose to skip this step but you shouldn't!)
Reply 6
Original post by m214123
Go into a field you want to go into.. not what they tell you to. If you must go into a biology related field you don’t need biology A-Level. Biomedical Engineering courses only require Maths and Physics A-Level usually. Some Biomedical Science courses just require ‘two sciences’, or ‘chemistry OR biology’, you have that. Just do some research

it's not like my parents are pushing me to do it , I am quiet interested in it too . In my country IAL biology is required for bio related fields . I'm an international student : (
Reply 7
Original post by PiltoverQueen
OMG! I'm in the same boat with my IGCSEs.
I have three months to study **** I've never seen before!
My advice:
- Create a very detail-oriented personal timetable
- Make sure you make time to do stuff you enjoy
- Don't lose your mind (I chose to skip this step but you shouldn't!)

thank u . O level syllabus is very small compared to A level so u can easily do it : )
Reply 8
Yes, you can complete it if you're consistent with it. I have done it with Psychology and completed it within 6 months. Make sure you revise along the way. Have a routine, this is so important, and stick to it, set yourself dates to when you need to complete each unit. Note down your timetable for the next 6 months, make sure it covers everything, don't be too harsh on yourself it'll lead to burnout. In my opinion, go for it, you have all the notes, and Google can help you. If you can try completing 1 and 1/2 units per month!
Original post by Quillet
Oh. You're in A level.
Wow! I'll be doing that next year. They must be tough.
Question. If you more or less flunk your IGCSEs but do really well in A level do they (the IGCSEs) still affect your Uni applications?
Because I'm fairly certain I might not do so well this year.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by h.a1255
Yes, you can complete it if you're consistent with it. I have done it with Psychology and completed it within 6 months. Make sure you revise along the way. Have a routine, this is so important, and stick to it, set yourself dates to when you need to complete each unit. Note down your timetable for the next 6 months, make sure it covers everything, don't be too harsh on yourself it'll lead to burnout. In my opinion, go for it, you have all the notes, and Google can help you. If you can try completing 1 and 1/2 units per month!

thank u very much : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending