The Student Room Group

Issues with evidence

I'm looking to apply this year, and have run into a bit of a roadblock concerning some of my evidence concerning independent application. A substantial period of my working history was at a pub/bar, but unfortunately, in my naivety, I failed to ensure I was receiving payslips. Further down the line, I have, during the process of applying, managed to get in contact with him, and also with the accountancy firm he was using at the time. I managed to receive a signed and dated declaration of employment and earnings for the time I worked there, however, as the company has been dissolved for some time, this is not letter headed, and cannot be letter headed. I have provided bank statements as supporting evidence that I have received payment from the company for this time, alongside the signed and dated declaration, but this has been rejected.

Further to this, in conversation with one advisor, I was advised that due to the nature of my circumstances, the fact it was not letter-headed should not be an issue, as it is now impossible to get letter-headed paper for this company, as it is no longer trading. I was told to ensure that the reason behind the absence of letter heading was explained, and this was clearly noted at the top of the statement of earnings. I am considering appealing against the refusal of this evidence, but wanted to post here first to see if this makes sense.

Many thanks for your time.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending