The Student Room Group

Applying for extra year of tuition fees

I am thinking of retaking my third year of uni as I am struggling to keep participating in my course due to ongoing mental health issues. However, I have already used my extra year of tuition fee funding having to retake my first year due to similar issues. My college says it's possible to get an extra year of tuition funding by applying to disregard a year due to compelling personal reasons, and gov.uk includes mental health as a reason for applying for an extra year of funding. I was wondering if you could provide some more information about how to apply for an extra year of tuition support and whether I would be eligible?
Original post by izzysk
I am thinking of retaking my third year of uni as I am struggling to keep participating in my course due to ongoing mental health issues. However, I have already used my extra year of tuition fee funding having to retake my first year due to similar issues. My college says it's possible to get an extra year of tuition funding by applying to disregard a year due to compelling personal reasons, and gov.uk includes mental health as a reason for applying for an extra year of funding. I was wondering if you could provide some more information about how to apply for an extra year of tuition support and whether I would be eligible?

Hi there,

If you could not complete your course year due to a compelling personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded from your Online Account.
We can accept photocopies of the following;
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from HEP on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate
Where applicable, we recommend evidence;
-Is signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Thanks, Drew
Hi there. We wouldn't be able to confirm if your evidence would be accepted until it has been reviewed by out team.

If you could not complete your course year due to personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded on your online account, and the type of evidence depends on your personal circumstances.
For example, we can accept photocopies of the following (where applicable);
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from University on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate
The evidence must be;
- Signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place
You will also need to send this with a letter from yourself explaining what happened, and how your study was impacted due to this.

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending