The Student Room Group

Have not received my dissertation grade.

I submitted my dissertation four weeks ago today and was informed that my peers and I would receive our grades and feedback on the 20th May, very early in the morning. Most unfortunately it appears that this has no been the case. I have checked all the websites that have been made available to me by the University and have found nothing that would indicate that I have received a grade or feedback for my dissertation. I have too spoken with a friend of mine who is having similar difficulties. The date that we were supposed to receive our grades on is actually on the University’s website as the precise date in which we could view our feedback and grades. Frankly, I have been in tears over this as I have been very nervous all week regarding my grades and I am very concerned, we have received no information and were specifically informed that we would receive our feedback and grades very early on this specific morning, this information is, too, on the university’s website. I am aware that students from other courses have received their feedback and grades. Does anyone have tips for calming my nerves or any theories as to what exactly has gone wrong?
Reply 1
All you can do is ask the university. Try your course leader or go through your Student Union rep if you don't want to do it yourself.

Our guesses aren't worth much - we have no way of knowing what's happening and there are any number of reasons why there might have been a delay. I share an office with staff who are currently marking dissertations. Issues they're encountering which might cause a delay include:

- designated first or second markers are off sick and qualified replacements are already at capacity with their own dissertation marking.
- first and second markers disagree so fundamentally that agreeing a mark takes longer than it should.
- admin team changes mean that those collecting dissertations from students and distributing them for marking, aren't familiar with the process. They need to keep checking before taking the next action.

But seriously, just check with your uni. If the deadline is that clearly stated, then they will be expecting students to start chasing for info.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
All you can do is ask the university. Try your course leader or go through your Student Union rep if you don't want to do it yourself.

Our guesses aren't worth much - we have no way of knowing what's happening and there are any number of reasons why there might have been a delay. I share an office with staff who are currently marking dissertations. Issues they're encountering which might cause a delay include:

- designated first or second markers are off sick and qualified replacements are already at capacity with their own dissertation marking.
- first and second markers disagree so fundamentally that agreeing a mark takes longer than it should.
- admin team changes mean that those collecting dissertations from students and distributing them for marking, aren't familiar with the process. They need to keep checking before taking the next action.

But seriously, just check with your uni. If the deadline is that clearly stated, then they will be expecting students to start chasing for info.

Will do, thank you for all your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending