The Student Room Group

LSE conditional offer - Submitting Documents

Hi,

I have received a conditional offer for MSc Political Theory at LSE. I am currently completing my undergraduate degree.

Due to severe health concerns I was not able to submit my dissertation during the recent marking period. Thankfully I have the option to submit my dissertation during the August assessment period. However, I am very concerned about how this will affect my enrolment into LSE this September. It is very important I begin my programme this year. I asked LSE and this is what they've said: "if your degree will not be conferred before the start of the LSE Master's programme, we would just need a statement from Bristol confirming either that your degree has been completed, its overall grade and the date it will be conferred, or, if there are any outstanding grades at that point, confirming your overall grade at that point and that your final grade is highly likely to remain above the score required in your offer condition."

However, my current uni will not know about my potential mark until mid September at the earliest date. Will this affect my ability to begin the course in September 2023 ? I do not want to miss any of the learning and absolutely do not want to take another year out! I am also really worried about the marking boycott and how this might affect the date my dissertation is marked as I am concerned there will be delay due to overdue papers needing marking. If you have any information about any of this or advice about what I should do I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks so much for your help.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Wish I could help you on this, I have a similar problem but my University assured me that they will have given me my certificate before the start of that programme even though i have a re-sit exam in late august/early september...
Enrolment for my masters programme is 19th of september.

+ LSE told you that they just need a statement from your uni that your last grading (that of the dissertation) won't influence your overall grade needed to meet the offer (which should be fairly unlikely unless you write a really trash dissertation)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending