The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.

Scroll to see replies

yh why not
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
Sure, but it'll lead to one bitchy divorce if it goes wrong.

Only lesbians, one woman is enough, just imagine 2 going at it :rofl:
no
Yes I do, was quite happy when gay marriage was legalised in America.
Definitely
Nope
Original post by Ladbants
I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.

Yes. And there's no excuse for being against it. Two loving people - happy, content and free - should not be excluded from society as atypical or immoral. Religious fanatics who oppose it shouldn't be instilling their religious oppression on other people.
no I don't
Original post by jake4198
Yes. And there's no excuse for being against it. Two loving people - happy, content and free - should not be excluded from society as atypical or immoral. Religious fanatics who oppose it shouldn't be instilling their religious oppression on other people.

There is nothing fanatical about defending traditional marriage.
Not really no. I think marriage should be between a man and a woman.
I don't oppose it but I don't necessarily support it.
Original post by hoping4thebest
There is nothing fanatical about defending traditional marriage.

There's nothing wrong with traditional marriage. No one's arguing against it. However, if you're willing to exclude every gay or lesbian from the wonderment of marriage to preserve your orthodox views on modern society then think about the message you're conveying to yourself and others. To deny someone happiness to adhere to religious normality is disgraceful.
Yes, not least because I've been to several absolutely fabulous gay weddings in the last couple of years.

If you don't support it, that's fine. The solution is simple, just don't marry someone of the same sex.
Original post by Ladbants

one would have to be incredibly stupid to be against it
No I'm against it.
Original post by alkaline.
no

May I ask why not? (I'm not the type to demonise your decision, especially without reasons first.)
No
Reply 18
I'm still making my mind up but so far I'm leaning towards no.
I think it makes no sense to be against it.

Quick Reply

Latest