The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC PY3 & PY4 (8th June & 14th June 2016)

Hello guys,

I have just seen this thread and realised that there was not much for this specific exam board that I am sitting for.

I realised that it is best to open one for you all to discuss and share your thoughts on the exams that are upcoming and also have a discussion on the final exam as to what may come up and what not.

Fire away any questions on this thread and at least get to somewhere positive.

:h:

Scroll to see replies

what are your predictions
Reply 2
Original post by jellygeorgia

hopefully the advantages of the scientific method and ethical issues involving humans on py3! really not sure on py4, that exam is a total ball buster :frown:. how is everyone predicted?
Reply 3
When talking about confidentiality issues in relation to human ethics problems what example would you use?
How confident is everyone feeling for tomorrow 😂
Original post by the Man!
When talking about confidentiality issues in relation to human ethics problems what example would you use?

We've been told to use Rosenhan because he kept all of the psuedopatients' names confidential and gave the hospitals false names when he published his findings.
Reply 6
Original post by AlteredBoy
How confident is everyone feeling for tomorrow 😂

I feel confident for PY3, but not so much PY4.

What topics have you learnt for PY4?
Original post by GiGiElle
I feel confident for PY3, but not so much PY4.

What topics have you learnt for PY4?

I'm not ready for PY3 our centre went through the entire thing in about 2 weeks and refused to cover any of the maths as they thought we'd done it at GCSE. Hopefully tomorrow isn't too based on that 😂 We've covered forensic, relationship and abnormal psychology, hbu?
Reply 8
I'm not ready for PY3 our centre went through the entire thing in about 2 weeks and refused to cover any of the maths as they thought we'd done it at GCSE. Hopefully tomorrow isn't too based on that 😂 We've covered forensic, relationship and abnormal psychology, hbu?

Yeah, hopefully tomorrow is a good exam for us all:smile:

My centre did it the other way round. Spent so long on PY3 and rushed through PY4. Im doing education, relationship and memory
Original post by jellygeorgia

non human, advantages of sci method and possibly just discussing ethical issues
Original post by User2334541
Hello guys,

I have just seen this thread and realised that there was not much for this specific exam board that I am sitting for.

I realised that it is best to open one for you all to discuss and share your thoughts on the exams that are upcoming and also have a discussion on the final exam as to what may come up and what not.

Fire away any questions on this thread and at least get to somewhere positive.

:h:

Hey. I think definitly scientific method advantages hasnt come up in a few years.

For Py4 we have predicted theories of sleep and theories of forgetting .
Does anyone know if we have to know what a Quasi experiment is and the strengths and weaknesses for it? :smile:
Original post by madeleinewatkins
Does anyone know if we have to know what a Quasi experiment is and the strengths and weaknesses for it? :smile:

Its just a natural experiment so the same strengths and weaknesses as that
How did everyone find PY3? I thought it was really easy, finished in 50 minutes, checked over everything and got told off by an invigilator who thought I'd given up :/
How did everyone find PY3? I thought it was really easy, finished in 50 minutes, checked over everything and got told off by an invigilator who thought I'd given up :/

It was amazing i loved it.

It was animals wasnt it one of the issue

why have you only covered 3 topics when you have to answer 4 essays?

it was super easy but how on earth did you finish in 50 mins? I spent 50 mins on the essays alone
Reply 17
Non-participant observation?! Our class never got taught it! Anyone know the answer? I think I answered it using common sense but I doubt it gets full marks. Everything else was great though!
Reply 18
It's where the researcher doesn't personally take part in the observation, they aren't involved, they just observe and records behaviour!

How did people operationalise the aggressive play? And also what was the experimental and null? And issues of reliability I put social desirability? Besides that went brilliantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
It's where the researcher doesn't personally take part in the observation, they aren't involved, they just observe and records behaviour!

How did people operationalise the aggressive play? And also what was the experimental and null? And issues of reliability I put social desirability? Besides that went brilliantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said recognise it as 1) when the children shout at each other 2) physical contact between two children ends with one or more being hurt (recognised by crying).

Then the experimental i put "significantly more participants will have phobias generated by the media than by other sources" and also the null "there will be no significant difference between the amount of phobias generated by the media than by other sources"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending