The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR Gateway C1 C2 C3

Simply need to know the grade boundaries. What do I need for an A*?
61/75
It really depends on the paper. Last years paper was considered easy so I think you needed about 80% to get an A*. Other years it has been around 70%, so its difficult to tell. It will probably be low for tomorrow, as the paper is likely to be hard seeing as last years was easy.
Original post by robyn2000
It really depends on the paper. Last years paper was considered easy so I think you needed about 80% to get an A*. Other years it has been around 70%, so its difficult to tell. It will probably be low for tomorrow, as the paper is likely to be hard seeing as last years was easy.

That is not good, distaster actually. I need to pass so, I can do chemistry in A-levels :frown:
Any predictions
Original post by AquaCharms
That is not good, distaster actually. I need to pass so, I can do chemistry in A-levels :frown:

What's your predicted grade? I'm sure you'll be fine - if the exam is hard the boundaries will be low (hopefully!)
Reply 6
Original post by benmorris6

C1 C2 C3 A*-A GET 51+/75 B GET 41/75
This is what I saved as a rough idea.
Original post by robyn2000
What's your predicted grade? I'm sure you'll be fine - if the exam is hard the boundaries will be low (hopefully!)

I'm predicted a B, but after today's exam, I am aiming for an A.:biggrin:
The exam wasn't too difficult (but the 6 mark question on extracting drugs from leaves, though) :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by AquaCharms
I'm predicted a B, but after today's exam, I am aiming for an A.:biggrin:
The exam wasn't too difficult (but the 6 mark question on extracting drugs from leaves, though) :s-smilie:

did you do higher or foundation cause i dont remember a 6 marker about drugs...
is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Original post by benmorris6

thinking its going to be higher than last year since it was such an easy paper and the teachers are getting so much more used to teaching this specification, probs going to be within the 60s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending