The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Arts Foundation Year

Nottingham have launched a range of Arts & Humanities Foundation access courses beginning this September - just wondering if anyone here has a place, on which course; and if you do, how old are you?

I'm 21 and have been offered a conditional place on the Philosophy one (course code V50F)

:h:
Hey - I'm due to start the Arts and Humanities Foundation Year this year too! I've been offered an unconditional place on the Classical Civilisation course and I'll be 19 when it starts. Were you at the UCAS visit day thing? There seems to be pretty much nothing about this foundation year on TSR yet, I guess because it's so new, so it was nice to see this post:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by vampylipstick
Hey - I'm due to start the Arts and Humanities Foundation Year this year too! I've been offered an unconditional place on the Classical Civilisation course and I'll be 19 when it starts. Were you at the UCAS visit day thing? There seems to be pretty much nothing about this foundation year on TSR yet, I guess because it's so new, so it was nice to see this post:smile:

YAAAAAY omg I'm so relieved, haven't been able to find anyone doing the Arts foundation year. I gather we might be in some of the same classes as the modules are all the same
Same! I was at the UCAS Visit Day but I had to rush off before the tour so I didn't get a chance to talk to people a huge lot. I think we will be since it's a fairly small group (I just assumed we'd all be in the same lectures).

Will you be in halls or living somewhere else? I was actually so happy to find this post, I was worrying about literally not knowing anyone when I start!
Original post by vampylipstick
Same! I was at the UCAS Visit Day but I had to rush off before the tour so I didn't get a chance to talk to people a huge lot. I think we will be since it's a fairly small group (I just assumed we'd all be in the same lectures).

Will you be in halls or living somewhere else? I was actually so happy to find this post, I was worrying about literally not knowing anyone when I start!

I applied after the visit day so I literally have met no one! What age did they all look? I'm so scared I'll be the oldest :'(

I have a house for the first year because I was really conscious about living in halls, kind of regretting that now! But maybe in the second year I'll move in with friends or something? Fingers crossed. Do you have Facebook? xx
Well I met someone who was 18 and someone who was 20, so I don't think you need to worry too much:smile: looks like there'll be a mix of people, I've heard quite a lot of people start uni over 20 so there will probably be people older too! Fair enough, how far are you from the uni? I wasn't sure what to do at first but decided to go for halls in the end since I'm really unfamiliar with the area. Yeah I do, I'l message you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending