The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL CSM without foundation diploma URGENT

Hello!! I was wondering whether CSM fine art BA requires a foundation diploma/year ? I'm fresh from Alevels, and I take alevel art. I'm also considering UCL Slade and Kingston for fine art but I'm not sure if i have a chance without a foundation.

THANKS
Reply 1
Yes it does i emailed them and they said they do not accept straight from a levels its an automatic rejection
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by murderedgf
Yes it does i emailed them and they said they do not accept straight from a levels its an automatic rejection

Oh okay, thanks for the response !! Have you looked into any other courses ? (if you don't mind me asking).
Original post by T4n.ia
Oh okay, thanks for the response !! Have you looked into any other courses ? (if you don't mind me asking).

yeah i got an offer from lcc and im applying to camberwell and chelsea too! wbu?
Reply 4
Original post by ambiambi444
yeah i got an offer from lcc and im applying to camberwell and chelsea too! wbu?

WOW an offer already?? i'm jealous. I'm applying to Chelsea and Camberwell for fine art ++ CSM foundation year. I'm also applying to Kingston and Bournemouth
Reply 5
Original post by T4n.ia
WOW an offer already?? i'm jealous. I'm applying to Chelsea and Camberwell for fine art ++ CSM foundation year. I'm also applying to Kingston and Bournemouth

omg im applying for fine art too! also im applying to the UAL foundation! whats ur insta we should defo be friends idk anybody applying to art :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by murderedgf
omg im applying for fine art too! also im applying to the UAL foundation! whats ur insta we should defo be friends idk anybody applying to art :frown:

OMG sorry for the late reply! That's such a good idea <3 my insta is @ seroteenin23
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by T4n.ia
OMG sorry for the late reply! That's such a good idea <3 my insta is @ serateenin23

nothint comes up ☹️ my insta is @ murderedgirlfriend maybe that will work!
Reply 8
Original post by ambiambi444
nothint comes up ☹️ my insta is @ murderedgirlfriend maybe that will work!

I followed you !!
Original post by T4n.ia
Hello!! I was wondering whether CSM fine art BA requires a foundation diploma/year ? I'm fresh from Alevels, and I take alevel art. I'm also considering UCL Slade and Kingston for fine art but I'm not sure if i have a chance without a foundation.

THANKS

It is good to apply after doing a foundation as you are exposed to a lot of different mediums and ideas to work with. I had an idea of what I wanted to do before the foundation and now that im halfway trough all my choices for uni have changed as I found out what I reaaaaally love to do opposed to what I thought I want to do. I started the foundation thinking about focus on painting and now im in love with sculpture and media!
Original post by T4n.ia

THANKS

Hi @T4n.ia

The Kingston University Fine Art course does accept students that have not studied a foundation year! They do however recommend a foundation year but this isn't mandatory and they would love to see your portfolio of A-level art work with your application.

If you would like any more information on Kingston then I would be more than happy to help! I would also recommend viewing our Kingston University forum for a further insight. Hope this has helped!!! :smile:

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending