The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse chemistry- how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
Thank you, I stress a lot over each answer you see x

Periods go across, groups go down.

Also what about the first six marker? About the solubility of diamond and sodium chloride.
Original post by navjotkaurjohal
How many marks out of 6 could doing this get you?

probably 2-3, because the question did state describe the experiment first then use it to explain the empirical formula
What did you guys tick for the question that asked for the formula for Na and SO4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Overall in my opinion the chemistry exam was fairly easy, the question I would say i struggled with was the last 6 mark I worked out the empirical formula of magnesium and oxygen( by subtracted magnesium oxide by the magnesium) and i got MgO, which i think would award me 3 marks then for the experiment part i wrote a line about heating the magnesium which should hopefully get me 1 mark, so 4 overall i think on that last 6 marker.
Reply 84
Original post by Penguin_S
It was 35%
Working out:
2×14=28
28÷80=0.35×100=35%

Posted from TSR Mobile

But was the formula in the question what I stated it was? (NH4NO3)
Reply 85
What did you guys tick for the question that asked for the formula for Na and SO4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ticked the one which was Na(2)SO(4)
Original post by KeziaKarunwi
probably 2-3, because the question did state describe the experiment first then use it to explain the empirical formula

Oh okay thank you! When I answered that question I worked out the empirical formula first because I didn't know the experiment but eventually I remembered it and put it after the working out for the formula. Could that still give me marks even tho it's not in the correct order?
Reply 87
Original post by KeziaKarunwi
No groups go across because alkali metals are group 1 and halogens are group 7 and they're on the right (lol that's how i remember it at least)

So group 1 is the first column and it goes down?
Original post by bue34 c

So c
Man, is it me or it was too easy( except the last one prob got 3 marks XD)..... we shouldn't still forget about the Physics unit 2 exam. As p1 was hard in core science,I still managed to get an A*. Good stuff. Good luck in your exams a and hope everyone Be the very best and say 'Gotta get A*s in 'em all'
Reply 90
Original post by bue34 c

It was Na2SO4 (the 2 and 4 being subscripts)
Original post by L0st45
But was the formula in the question what I stated it was? (NH4NO3)

Yeah I think it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na2SO4
Original post by lopa69
What was the question everyone got 35% as the answer? I got 30% because i must have misread it, also what was the question to do with finding 'how many tonnes can fill 500 tonnes' something like that.

The percentage of nitrogen or something
I got a solid 57/60 due to the last 6 marker. I got 1 : 1
For the colour one i got yellow
The 500 tonne one i got 125
The relative atomic mass i got 69.5
Original post by JerryG
Periods go across, groups go down.

Also what about the first six marker? About the solubility of diamond and sodium chloride.

ohhh i bet you i've messed up the intermolecular forces and the bonds and which one is easy to break or whatever
Reply 96
Original post by enigma hira
I got a solid 57/60 due to the last 6 marker. I got 1 : 1
For the colour one i got yellow
The 500 tonne one i got 125
The relative atomic mass i got 69.5

Which one was the relative atomic mass question again?
Until now, I'm losing maybe 3 marks on the last 6 marker..hopefully
+ 2 marks on that reactant question ('cuz I'm an idiot and messed up the breaking/making bonds bit)
+ 1 mark on that barium sulfate (forgot to use the word INSOLUBLE- thanks brain!)
+ 1 mark on that balancing equations thing
+ the rest I don't really wanna think about it.

I'm just hoping that grade boundaries will be 51/52 for an A*..dear Lord, PLEASE.
Original post by roshna00
I got 126.3 or something like that

SAME!
Reply 99
What did you write for the first six marker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending