The Student Room Group

How much should I be revising for my GCSEs over Easter?

How many hours should I be revising for my GCSEs over Easter? I am aiming to get 7s and above.

I'm panicking because there are only a couple of months left and I'm aiming for 7s and above! I really struggle with STEM subjects (I take triple science), I've never done well in them and I just don't know how to improve. I've started making flashcards with the specification and but I don't know whether it is a waste of my time and I should stop or if I should carry on making flashcards?

I know everyone talks about past papers so should I just skip making flashcards for every spec point for sciences and just move onto past papers. However, when I try exam questions I don't understand the questions (especially in Chemistry and Physics) and can never pick up the marks. How can I improve?

Here are what I got in my January mocks:

EDEXCEL IGCSE Biology: 5
EDEXCEL IGCSE Chemistry: 4
EDEXCEL IGCSE Physics: 5
EDEXCEL IGCSE Maths: 5
AQA Drama: 7
EDEXCEL IGCSE English Lit: 7
EDEXCEL IGCSE English Lang: 9
EDEXCEL IGCSE History: 7
AQA German: 7
AQA Spanish: 5

How should I revise to improve my STEM subjects and Spanish and is it possible to move up to 7s in them?

Thank you!!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
So you have 10 subjects. You have English Lan and lit very well so I’d revise these a bit less over Easter and really brush up on sciences.

Try and do about 3 hours revision per day. Focus more on your stem subjects.

Best methods for sciences and maths:

practice questions

Past papers

Watch videos from the science guy etc to understand tricky topics

Also the flashcards are a good idea but maybe do flashcards on one topic in chem and then search up ‘Topic Chemistry GCSE questions’ and practice a few to see if you can actually apply your knowledge
Original post by toothless-luxury
How many hours should I be revising for my GCSEs over Easter? I am aiming to get 7s and above.
I'm panicking because there are only a couple of months left and I'm aiming for 7s and above! I really struggle with STEM subjects (I take triple science), I've never done well in them and I just don't know how to improve. I've started making flashcards with the specification and but I don't know whether it is a waste of my time and I should stop or if I should carry on making flashcards?
I know everyone talks about past papers so should I just skip making flashcards for every spec point for sciences and just move onto past papers. However, when I try exam questions I don't understand the questions (especially in Chemistry and Physics) and can never pick up the marks. How can I improve?
Here are what I got in my January mocks:
EDEXCEL IGCSE Biology: 5
EDEXCEL IGCSE Chemistry: 4
EDEXCEL IGCSE Physics: 5
EDEXCEL IGCSE Maths: 5
AQA Drama: 7
EDEXCEL IGCSE English Lit: 7
EDEXCEL IGCSE English Lang: 9
EDEXCEL IGCSE History: 7
AQA German: 7
AQA Spanish: 5
How should I revise to improve my STEM subjects and Spanish and is it possible to move up to 7s in them?
Thank you!!!

Ngl, if you really want to do flashcard then i think it would be better if you do it in online meaning find out the topic you want to revise and use use your “topic flashcard” then there would be tons of flashcard of being made and there may be new/extra question that you didn’t know about and could get your grade higher!

Quick Reply

Latest