The Student Room Group

Maths Cambridge offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madmadmax321
As other people have said here, you should be able to get an offer if you have a good interview as cambridge hand out a fair few offers for maths because the real challenge is to meet the STEP grades, which a lot of people dont.

Apply and have start preparing for step (getting a 1 in step II + III will be much harder than an A* in M+FM)

Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying that
I just wanted to make sure my grades were good enough for an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theamazingone
Now, I've heard that you have a very small chance of getting offered a place if you don't have a ums average of at least 95 in your maths as level. These are my module scores:
D1- 80 (Horrible exam) C2- 98
C1-100 FP1-90
S1-94 M1-92

For all you Cambridge students, or offer holders, what were your ums scores and honestly, do i have a chance of getting in?
Also, how many applicants are there who get offers for maths?

I have an offer, when i applied i had
C1 100 C2 94 FP1 97 M1-M2 100 and S1 81. They only care about how good you sre at enrichment maths so stuff that needs you to think. They won't care at all about your D1 result at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
C1 100 C2 94 FP1 97 M1-M2 100 and S1 81. They only care about how good you sre at enrichment maths so stuff that needs you to think. They won't care at all about your D1 result at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are amazing result though! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you suggest I do well at the interview if I get a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theamazingone
How do you suggest I do well at the interview if I get a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your interviews will be before you get iffered a place. For now you should do stuff like senior maths challenge/BMO1/MAT and start learning C3/4 and some other extra modules and start attempting STEP 1 this will prepapre you for the interviews in december. Then you eill start to look step II and III after id you get a place then getting grade 1s in them will be he main aim. These exams are very hard so I suggest you do some MAT/BMO1 starting from now. Trust me, it will help alot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your interviews will be before you get iffered a place. For now you should do stuff like senior maths challenge/BMO1/MAT and start learning C3/4 and some other extra modules and start attempting STEP 1 this will prepapre you for the interviews in december. Then you eill start to look step II and III after id you get a place then getting grade 1s in them will be he main aim. These exams are very hard so I suggest you do some MAT/BMO1 starting from now. Trust me, it will help alot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest