The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Imperial vs gap year and reapply to Cambridge (maths)

So I got rejected by cambridge for maths and these are my 3 options now. I've been struggling to come to any sort of decision so I wanted to hear some other ppls thoughts, what would you recommend?
Go to offer holder days, pick your favourite, see how you do in your results in august, THEN decide

Did you only use 3 choices on your ucas application?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Go to offer holder days, pick your favourite, see how you do in your results in august, THEN decide

Did you only use 3 choices on your ucas application?

I mean I have to choose a firm and safety before august so I rly need to have decided between warwick and imperial before then.
I've also chosen bristol and nottingham on ucas but they're kinda just safeties.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Revi64
I mean I have to choose a firm and safety before august so I rly need to have decided between warwick and imperial before then.
I've also chosen bristol and nottingham on ucas but they're kinda just safeties.

That’s what I meant by “pick your favourite” after visiting
Reply 4
Original post by Revi64
So I got rejected by cambridge for maths and these are my 3 options now. I've been struggling to come to any sort of decision so I wanted to hear some other ppls thoughts, what would you recommend?

I'm in the same boat after getting rejected from Cambridge for Computer Science.

I have offers from Imperial, Edinburgh, Manchester and waiting on Durham (but anticipating the offer coming after getting into a far more competitive course).
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
That’s what I meant by “pick your favourite” after visiting

ah I see, sounds like a good idea
Remember also that you can generally defer entry to Warwick/Imperial if you’d like to take a gap year 👍
Reply 7
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Remember also that you can generally defer entry to Warwick/Imperial if you’d like to take a gap year 👍

Thanks for the info, do you know up to when I can defer? Would it be too late to do so on results day if I achieved high grades?
Reply 8
I think taking a year out purely to reapply to Cambridge again isn't a good use of time, unless of course you were considering doing a gap year anyway. Warwick and Imperial are the best for maths after Oxbridge (as you probably know) and I can say first hand the teaching quality / experience is excellent.
Reply 9
Original post by Revi64

Avoid Imperial at all costs - poor students support and London prices are increasing rapidly.

Visit Warwick and see what you think.

Bristol has lots of accommodation issues - did you look at Bath? Leeds?

Quick Reply

Latest