The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster or Coventry London?

Hi guys, So i've been pretty confused on where i want to go for Uni next year. I've got offers to do Accounting at Westminster and International Finance and Accounting at Coventry London Campus. Opinions and feedbacks of the universities would be very much welcomed to help me make a concrete decision. I would like to know which degree holds more value, how the teach is like, what campus is better in terms of social life and location and more. Alternatively, apart from International Finance and Accounting at Coventry London or Accounting at Westminster, i also have options to do Accounting and Finance at Uni of West London and Greenwich Uni, both for second year entry.Opinions and feedbacks would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Hi there

As a 2nd year student currently studying BSc Accounting with Management at the University of Westminster, I have a lot of first hand experience that I feel will benefit you in making your decision. Firstly, when joining in 1st year I had never studied accountancy before but the degree is tailored to cater for students from all academic backgrounds which is great. Secondly the degree offers the option to take finance modules if you have a key interest in that area, opening up a variety of opportunities like the Bloomberg suite which is situated on the Business school campus, giving some insight into a financial instrument that is only available at a limited amount of universities Westminster being one of the few. Another great thing about the course in Westminster is the fact that,the degree gives students up to a maximum of 9 exemptions off the ACCA accounting qualification which is the most exemptions a university can give.Other universities likes the ones you mention probably give between 5-7 exemptions. In terms of the location and social life, the university is situated in central London with many attractions a stone throw from the campus sites. Its facilities encompass a wide range from a gymnasium to a cinema and many more. There are many societies within the university which any student can join and this helps with networking and making new friends. The Sports team in the university are much founded and have won multiple competitions over the year. I’m speaking from the perspective of a student ambassador and course rep who started the university two years ago and believe it was the best decision I made. There are many opportunities to get involved through student participation schemes and mentoring.

Kind regards

Princess
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending