The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I want to know why my Higher Modern Studies got a Fail(9), as I was predicted an A ended up getting a B during prelims, and now its a fail. I am currently sending it back for remarking, but has the SQA ever given someone a wrong grade before, and I thought that maybe something I did was plagiarized but wouldn't I get a letter saying that?(and would that be before or after my result) and even so what is the penalty for that?
but at the moment I am currently stuck with three Highers.
Thank you
Original post by Dave10101
Hi,
I want to know why my Higher Modern Studies got a Fail(9), as I was predicted an A ended up getting a B during prelims, and now its a fail. I am currently sending it back for remarking, but has the SQA ever given someone a wrong grade before, and I thought that maybe something I did was plagiarized but wouldn't I get a letter saying that?(and would that be before or after my result) and even so what is the penalty for that?
but at the moment I am currently stuck with three Highers.
Thank you

Of course there have been errors before so there is a small chance there was a mistake. Have you asked your school what the breakdown for your Assignemnt /exam elements were as this might indicate what went wrong.

I am assuming you are worried about the Assignment with regard to plagiarism - unless it was plagerised then you don't have anything to worry about. The chance of you writing something that was exactly like some one else work are pretty low

hope your remark is successful but be prepared for it not to be

good lick
Reply 242
Original post by watchingyouwatch
Of course there have been errors before so there is a small chance there was a mistake. Have you asked your school what the breakdown for your Assignemnt /exam elements were as this might indicate what went wrong.

I am assuming you are worried about the Assignment with regard to plagiarism - unless it was plagerised then you don't have anything to worry about. The chance of you writing something that was exactly like some one else work are pretty low

hope your remark is successful but be prepared for it not to be

good lick

Similar thing happened to me last year...was predicted an A in Business and ended up an F...
I asked for a remark but it came back as unchanged which I still can't get my head round as I was told I got full marks in my assignment which made up a lot of the grade....looking back I should have taken things further but I was more interested in getting to uni. Good news is although I didn't get into first choice at the beginning I ended up going with course change at same uni but on enrolment day I found out that my persistence by sending them my assignment etc and a strong case with e school I got into my first course subject after all so all ended well even though the mark was unchanged.
Please persevere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending