The Student Room Group

Anxiety depression and starting new job role?

Hi All

I have CFS and anxiety and depression as well as aspergers, have been signed off sick on esa for a little bit, but due to tensions at home, I really needed to get a job, managed to get one in a nursery and start tomorrow, so nervous :frown: has anyone got any tips for me on how to control the anxiety?
Reply 1
I'm exactly the same as you, minus the CFS, and I was absolutely terrified starting my new job in October.I was literally being sick the whole week before and shaking constantly. There's not really anything I can do to make you feel better; just have it in your head everybody hates starting a new job, its a nerve wracking time. Just set yourself a timeframe in your head; see how you feel after a week, a month, 3 months. If you don't like it nobody can force you to stay, but obviously finding a new job is extremely difficult. Breathe, be polite and try to make friends.

Let me know how it goes
Stay strong and positive as much as you can, always be polite and friendly and hopefully making friends at your new job will keep take a shade off your anxiety as you'll always be around friends.

You'll find forcing a smile/laugh now and again will/can genuinely make you feel better :smile:

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest