The Student Room Group

Oxford PAT 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leonordo
What range of cut off are all the physics candidates expecting?

I literally have no clue.

If I was to go from my experience, I'd like to say the cut off is in the region of 45-55.

Possibly about 50% to get an interview I'd guess? Not too sure, it's quite hard to judge how everyone would have performed.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by W. A. Mozart
I literally have no clue.

If I was to go from my experience, I'd like to say the cut off is in the region of 45-55.

Ummm hmm ! I agree
Found it very challenging and hard don't think I did awful but definitely did not do well. However the fact that we all applied and attempted this paper shows that we are actually the best physicist in the country and we are pushing ourselves so we have all done well, so none of you need to be upset. Good luck with your applications guys😊
Ummm hmm ! I agree

The Paper reports tell you what percentage you needed to be shortlisted each year. They were about 50% until 2014 but recently they've been around 60-70%
I reckon it'll be 52-60, it's a lot harder but the cut off also is a lot higher in recent years so I wouldnt expect a low cut off point for physicists.
Just finished. Harder then usual left some small marked questions in order to do the larger ones

I enjoyed the questions, wish the pat was longer tho haha

At the open say they said 70%
Can we pm and talk to each other about a little more specifics?
Original post by Eskimomo
At the open say they said 70%

It varies year to year doesn't it? Would be a little odd if it was locked
Original post by 98matt
Possibly about 50% to get an interview I'd guess? Not too sure, it's quite hard to judge how everyone would have performed.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm well! As compared to 2012 paper ... how would you say it was? 😱😨😅
I definitely found this much harder than the 2014/2015 papers.
Umm well! As compared to 2012 paper ... how would you say it was? 😱😨😅

Slightly harder but I feel like on the whole, the mean mark will be quite similar to that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did some analysis a few weeks back and from trends in other papers (line of best fit) the estimate for this year was 64? That's just an estimate and the scores vary greatly so that could be way off
Atleast we all agree that this was one of the most difficult papers. If I had to predict I'd say the cut off would be around 50. I hope its is in the mid 40s though. When are we allowed to discuss the papers?
Original post by Chronodile
I did some analysis a few weeks back and from trends in other papers (line of best fit) the estimate for this year was 64? That's just an estimate and the scores vary greatly so that could be way off

thats not taking into account the difficulty of the paper. I reckon it was harder than 2014 and the pass mark for that was 55, so probably around 50 plus or minus 2
Original post by Orlandothefraser
thats not taking into account the difficulty of the paper. I reckon it was harder than 2014 and the pass mark for that was 55, so probably around 50 plus or minus 2

Was about to comment the same thing haha
Guys shall we discuss the results? Does anb remember any results?
Was anyone able to finish the paper? I simply couldn't do a few questions.....
If I remember correctly I mangaged to do every question bar one 3 marker, though how much of that I got right is another question 😨

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending