The Student Room Group

Too late for PAT now?

So I'm applying to Oxford for their engineering course and I've basically done no past papers or revision for the PAT exam which is on 20th October. Am I screwed guys or is there still some hope for me.
I would say there's still hope, I started about as late last year yet I got invited for an interview. Don't loose hope at all but do start preparing ASAP
there is hope :smile:
i would prepare by doing past papers within the time limit
There is hope, but you will have to work VERY hard.

Coming from someone who started in May of last year and got 80/100 on the PAT. (I did 100+ hours of dedicated past paper practice). I would've foh d if hard starting now but it's possible ONLY if you work really hard now.
Reply 4
Original post by sigmagrindset49
There is hope, but you will have to work VERY hard.

Coming from someone who started in May of last year and got 80/100 on the PAT. (I did 100+ hours of dedicated past paper practice). I would've foh d if hard starting now but it's possible ONLY if you work really hard now.

How did you spend 100+ hours on past PAT papers if there's only like 15 past papers. Should I do them twice or maybe try the ENGAA for practise?
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm applying to Oxford for their engineering course and I've basically done no past papers or revision for the PAT exam which is on 20th October. Am I screwed guys or is there still some hope for me.

Just try and prepare as much as possible before the exam. Do all the past papers, study the content, etc. They aren't expecting you to have anything close to 100 hours of PAT preparation. That is extreme, and most successful applicants did not do that. These entrance tests aren't designed to completely derail your A level studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending