The Student Room Group

AS Results for CHEMICAL ENGINEERING??

Hi

Hope youre all doing well. I got my AS results today and got ABBBB in maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and dt. For chemistry i was 2 marks off an A and i belive that one of the dt papers wasnt marked correctly.
I really want to do chemical engineering at uni and have always wished to go to imperial or cambridge. My other choices were bath.
I am just really upset and i want to know the possibilities of getting into a top uni for chemical engineering.

Thanks a lot
Jennifer
Original post by Jenny1999
Hi

Hope youre all doing well. I got my AS results today and got ABBBB in maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and dt. For chemistry i was 2 marks off an A and i belive that one of the dt papers wasnt marked correctly.
I really want to do chemical engineering at uni and have always wished to go to imperial or cambridge. My other choices were bath.
I am just really upset and i want to know the possibilities of getting into a top uni for chemical engineering.

Thanks a lot
Jennifer

Ask for a remark on your DT paper, but how relevant/important is that subject to your application?

If you are interested in Cambridge, ask an admissions tutor about your prospects here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238242.
Reply 2
Have you been to look round those places/other Unis?

Chemical Engineering is a great course and almost all of the Russell Group universities offer it, with some offers as low as ABB.

The unis you have mentioned want very high grades and it would require you to improve but at least 3 grades as they will want A*AA or higher.

Why don't you look up all the universities that would accept you for ChemEng with the grades you will realistically get at A2 (based on your current AS results). Then, if you don't like the look of any of them, consider retaking the year?
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. I think i will be able to get A*AA predictions for my A2s and i know with my hard work and determination I will try to achieve A*A*A or higher for A2s because I have learnt from my mistakes from this year. What do you think should be my next steps? Please help i would really appreciate it

Jennifer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jenny1999
Thanks for the replies. I think i will be able to get A*AA predictions for my A2s and i know with my hard work and determination I will try to achieve A*A*A or higher for A2s because I have learnt from my mistakes from this year. What do you think should be my next steps? Please help i would really appreciate it

Jennifer :smile:

Talk to your teachers. Get them to agree to give you A*AA predictions.

Also look up other Unis that give lower grade offers
because 1) you need and insurance offer (unless you are planning on taking a gap year/resitting or going through clearing) 2) you might be surprised

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending