The Student Room Group

Building CV Socities

Hey,
I'm a fresher and wanted to make the most of my time at uni due to not doing many extra curricular while doing GCSEs and A levels and was wandering what a good number would be and what things to do
I want to join the badminton, Accounting and economics and either futsal or hindu and was just wandering what thoughts were on this.

Also, at my uni there is no table tennis so instead of the above, would it look better creating this as I'm into table tennis.

I just want to be wary that i don't do to much as i'm doing accounting and finance course and it has a fair amount of hours each week and i wanted a first so i can apply for a placement year.
Probably seems like It would be better to drop Hindu as this one is more to meet people as it wouldn't add anything to cv
Many thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Hey,
I'm a fresher and wanted to make the most of my time at uni due to not doing many extra curricular while doing GCSEs and A levels and was wandering what a good number would be and what things to do
I want to join the badminton, Accounting and economics and either futsal or hindu and was just wandering what thoughts were on this.

Also, at my uni there is no table tennis so instead of the above, would it look better creating this as I'm into table tennis.

I just want to be wary that i don't do to much as i'm doing accounting and finance course and it has a fair amount of hours each week and i wanted a first so i can apply for a placement year.
Probably seems like It would be better to drop Hindu as this one is more to meet people as it wouldn't add anything to cv
Many thanks

Don't do something for the primary reason of wanting to build up your CV. Do it because you want to do it because you enjoy it and/or passionate about it.

Do whatever you enjoy. Team sports are great. Languages are great. Both will tick boxes, but it's nothing exceptional. What would be even better, is if you took a leadership role/position of responsibility within your society. Setting up a club sounds great!
Reply 2
Original post by hezzlington
Don't do something for the primary reason of wanting to build up your CV. Do it because you want to do it because you enjoy it and/or passionate about it.

Do whatever you enjoy. Team sports are great. Languages are great. Both will tick boxes, but it's nothing exceptional. What would be even better, is if you took a leadership role/position of responsibility within your society. Setting up a club sounds great!

Ok thanks a lot for the help, yeah agreed it's not exceptional but will be a strong step coming from someone who has just focused on education in past years. Yeah, will look into in the second year trying to get a more senior position on one of the societies. Is there anything else you recommend? I'm also going to be doing a placement year too.

Pretty sure i won't have the time for a part time job though which i didn't want to do anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending