The Student Room Group

bachelors degree or masters in building surveying?

is it worth doing an undergraduate degree in architecture + planning (UWE) to then do a masters in building surveying? or should i just do my undergraduate in building surveying instead?
thank you
If you want to be a surveyor, then do an accredited building surveying undergraduate degree. Be aware that student finance for a masters is unlikely to cover all your costs as you get one payment of around £12,000 to cover both fees and living costs:

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/what-youll-get
Reply 2
When it comes to graduate schemes the employers won't be too fussed if you has a BSc or MSc in building surveying - if that's your chosen path.

Yes, whilst doing a different built environment undergrad and then the masters will give you some more skills and knowledge of the sector - and potentially make your CV stand out a bit more - what is it that you're hoping to do and why.

To be honest - I haven't actually noticed the UWE architecture and planning course - I can see it as quite a good idea but on the other hand it feels like it might be a lot to shoehorn into a single degree - but then it has the appropriate accreditations so it should be covering everything off that's needed. OK - after a bit more looking it seems to be a 4 year UG so that helps explain how they're getting more stuff into to - that would then mean that you're looking at a longer route if you do a 4 yr UG + masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending