The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Pharmacy Bath 2023

Hi! Since everyone should have their offers by now (I think?), I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for people firming Bath for Pharmacy this year. :biggrin:

(I'm a graduate applicant, my offer is conditional on me finishing my current degree in time for the start of the academic year, but I am fairly sure I can manage this so it's like 99.9% likely that I will be studying at Bath this autumn.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kiwi789
Hi! Since everyone should have their offers by now (I think?), I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for people firming Bath for Pharmacy this year. :biggrin:

(I'm a graduate applicant, my offer is conditional on me finishing my current degree in time for the start of the academic year, but I am fairly sure I can manage this so it's like 99.9% likely that I will be studying at Bath this autumn.)

Hii, nice to meet you! I have just firmed bath pharmacy as well. Hope your degree goes well and hopefully see you soon
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by mpharm2023
Hii, nice to meet you! I have just firmed bath pharmacy as well. Hope your degree goes well and hopefully see you soon

Congratulations, what is your insurance choice?
Reply 3
Original post by Ehsanraya
Congratulations, what is your insurance choice?

I put myself in a spot of bother by ending up with 4 AAB offers but I insured UEA pharmacy as I loved it there, have you firmed your offers yet?
Reply 4
I put myself in a spot of bother by ending up with 4 AAB offers but I insured UEA pharmacy as I loved it there, have you firmed your offers yet?

Not yet, I'm stuck between Birmingham and Bath.
Reply 5
Original post by Ehsanraya
Not yet, I'm stuck between Birmingham and Bath.

Best of luck deciding, I would recommend just watching lots of youtube/ tiktok videos of both and see which one gives you the best vibe, its hard cause academically they are pretty such the same
Reply 6
Original post by Kiwi789

Hi I've also firmed Bath for Pharmacy, currently thinking about what accommodations to pick.
Reply 7

i firmed bath and my insurance is UEA as well!
Reply 8
Original post by katduds
i firmed bath and my insurance is UEA as well!

no wayy! best of luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by SnehaR
Hi I've also firmed Bath for Pharmacy, currently thinking about what accommodations to pick.

same here, it takes so long to rank them all.
Reply 10
ive firmed bath too and also looking at accom 😁
Hi, I've firmed bath as well :smile: I'm kind of scared though lol as I'd be travelling to Bath instead of living in accommodation so it would be harder to make friends haha :/
Reply 12
Original post by nuraaa.x
Hi, I've firmed bath as well :smile: I'm kind of scared though lol as I'd be travelling to Bath instead of living in accommodation so it would be harder to make friends haha :/

Same, I'll be commuting from home! Don't worry too much, there are lots of societies and other social events during the week, and with pharmacy being such a busy degree, you'll be spending plenty of time getting to know others on your course. :smile:
Original post by Kiwi789
Same, I'll be commuting from home! Don't worry too much, there are lots of societies and other social events during the week, and with pharmacy being such a busy degree, you'll be spending plenty of time getting to know others on your course. :smile:

Yeah, pharmacy is like all the weekdays no? Hopefully, that's my only real worry is that everyone else on the course will spend more time together as they live in the campus/city. But yeah as you said you spend alot of time with people on the course
Also, does anyone know how to pay for the , like can you get a monthly bus ticket or is it daily?
Reply 15
I think you can do both, but a few people that lived in the city said they get a yearly ticket which is around £400 for the whole year
I think you can do both, but a few people that lived in the city said they get a yearly ticket which is around £400 for the whole year

Ohhh okay. Does anyone know how to apply for the yearly card like can i get it before i start
Reply 17
I've been looking into this too. I am honestly a bit confused (will explain why in a moment), there are two zones: Bath zone (£609 for the year, restricted to Bath) and West of England (£788 for the year, covers the entirety of Somerset). Now I've been been on the FirstBus website and there does seem to a cheaper alternative called the Uni Year (under West of England) which is £449 for the year (September-June, it excludes the summer holidays), but I can't find anywhere on the website to buy it as it doesnt show up in the drop down menu when trying to purchase a ticket :confused:. First Buses has a notoriously bad website though, so I'm presuming that this ticket type does exist and it is likely an oversight on their part. It could also be perhaps Uni Year has specific requirements that you have to show in person before they allow you to purchase the ticket? Anyway, might be worth contacting them, or dropping in by a ticket office to avoid delays.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
So how was everyone’s results day did y’all get into bath??
Reply 19
I'm confirmed :biggrin: I've been investigating what socities are available with interest. From what I can see all non-sport socities are free (+ learning a foreign language is also free), and the sport socities are relatively cheap at £10 a year, that's fantastic! And some of the stuff at the Sports village is also completely free, like swimming or using the courts (and I think maybe the track? Though I'm not certain about that). Use of the gym is not included in this (£29 per month) but that's just me being greedy by hoping it was XD

Back to pharmacy though - I'm surprised how full on Welcome Week is going to be for us. One of those events being "Lab coat fitting", I wonder if this means we are going to be given our own labcoats or if we have to buy them? Also "Establishing an online presence" was not one that I was expecting, I assume by this they mean linkedin? I'm curious to find out!

Quick Reply

Latest