The Student Room Group

Can anyone help please?

I wonder if anyone could help me with advice please . Due to illness i left school with hardly no GCSE grades but this is where i need some help. I left with A* English Literature, C English Language Predicted A*(do I retake?) D History (Predicted A*, do i retake?) and Maths & Science U due to not taking (illness)
My dilemma is I am enrolling to take my Maths & Science at College in 2017 but am unsure whether to try and improve my grade for English Language as well at College as well as I have been looking into taking an online IGCSE now in History as I know I can do very well in this subject.
I was recently advised by my local college to take an Access Course (equates to three A levels (distinction required) which covers my interests that being History, English and Government & Politics. My ultimate goal is to get into one of the top Uni's that being Oxford to study either a PPE course or History & Politics . My only concern is due you think it would be more advisable/beneficial to take A Levels than an access course are these considered as good as? (i get the Access course free as i will be 24 by the time it is studied) . If A levels are recommended would you advise studying online or at college? Do that except mature students i would be 22 when starting A Levels or the Access course. Any advice would be appreciated, if it helps I live in Norwich, many thanks
Reply 1
Thanks it was a tough time but through it now so onwards and upwards as they say . I am 20 years of age so thought about taking the IGCSE in History whilst doing a part time job to help with cost of College GCSE's next year when I will be 21. These will be finished when I am 22, with a view to either then continuing with doing the Access course I mentioned above or sitting A levels. I am a bit confused as on some resources I have checked they say A levels are better than an Access course. Thank you for your reply and help.

Quick Reply

Latest