The Student Room Group

Dental Nurse Zoom OSCE

I will be having my OSCE exam in January (as long as I have passed my written!).

I think I will be doing the exam via Zoom/MaxExam app but my course provider and tutor have not given me any information on what to expect.

Can someone please help me!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rdghunt
I will be having my OSCE exam in January (as long as I have passed my written!).

I think I will be doing the exam via Zoom/MaxExam app but my course provider and tutor have not given me any information on what to expect.

Can someone please help me!

So you will have two sessions. One is workbook it will be similar to written exam there will be questions about medical emergency, selecting correct instruments or correct nerves ect. There will be around 100 questions with lots of photos. Second session is zoom there will be 5 questions about gdc principles and oral health instructions and you will be given 4-5 min for each question. Message me I will send you study materials and examples of questions
Reply 2
Original post by MM_dentalnurse
So you will have two sessions. One is workbook it will be similar to written exam there will be questions about medical emergency, selecting correct instruments or correct nerves ect. There will be around 100 questions with lots of photos. Second session is zoom there will be 5 questions about gdc principles and oral health instructions and you will be given 4-5 min for each question. Message me I will send you study materials and examples of questions

could you please send me some details of kinds of scenarios we might get I'm getting really anxious about this section. I struggle to think on my feet when given a time limit my words don't come out, any help I will take please
Reply 3

Can you share with me materials please? I’ll enter OSCE in January 2024. What do you suggest for zoom session. I’m getting nervous and forgetting what to say. Is it ok to answer with basic sentences or should I use complex sentences with advance words?

hi is their any possible way you could send me over some study materials and questions please ?
Reply 5

Hi. Do you have any resources to help me prepare for second session please?

Hiya
Can you please tell me a bit more about zoom session? How much time we have to prepare scenario and in how many minutes we need to give our explanation? I have exam on Friday for zoom session. Anything remembers about questions will really help. Thanks
Reply 7
Has anyone done their zoom osce yet? If so how did you find it?
I really struggled
Original post by nxd17
Has anyone done their zoom osce yet? If so how did you find it?
I really struggled

Two questions were the same as precious years, one is difficult i am not gonna lie rest is okay if you can manage to calm yourself 🙈😂
Reply 9
Two questions were the same as precious years, one is difficult i am not gonna lie rest is okay if you can manage to calm yourself 🙈😂

I was in constant panic from start to finish lol. My brain went completely blank, I couldn’t even think of the basics which is so frustrating as I know my stuff. It was awful, I hated it!
Reply 10
Original post by Faisal Gulzar
Hiya
Can you please tell me a bit more about zoom session? How much time we have to prepare scenario and in how many minutes we need to give our explanation? I have exam on Friday for zoom session. Anything remembers about questions will really help. Thanks

Hi I couldn’t reply to you privately. My course provider has given no information whatsoever. I have no isea how the exams are marked I feel so stressed
Original post by nxd17
Hi I couldn’t reply to you privately. My course provider has given no information whatsoever. I have no isea how the exams are marked I feel so stressed

It’s okay ..thank you 🙏
Reply 12
Original post by Faisal Gulzar

It’s okay ..thank you 🙏

Do you know anyone that failed previously so we can work out how it’s marked?
Original post by nxd17
Do you know anyone that failed previously so we can work out how it’s marked?

No sorry.. I don’t know anyone.

Do you remember what were the questions?I will have mine on friday and Im so nervous🙈
Any help will be really apreciated🙏🙏🙏
Original post by CristinaPanczii
Do you remember what were the questions?I will have mine on friday and Im so nervous🙈
Any help will be really apreciated🙏🙏🙏

I have sent you message x
I have sent you message x

Thank you for you quick answer,really appreciate it🙏🙏🙏
But I didn't get any private message appart from " welcome to TSR"😔
Would you be kind to send it again pls🙏
I know maybe the stations will not be the same but just to have an ideea on what kind of questions will be and what topics
Thank you so much in advance!🙏🥰
Reply 17
Original post by nxd17
I was in constant panic from start to finish lol. My brain went completely blank, I couldn’t even think of the basics which is so frustrating as I know my stuff. It was awful, I hated it!

Omgg I’m in panic mode now. Does anyone know where I could get past papers from? Xx
Original post by Teethgeek
Omgg I’m in panic mode now. Does anyone know where I could get past papers from? Xx

Exam was intense!! So many questions under one question not there was no enough time!
Exam was intense!! So many questions under one question not there was no enough time!

Are you talking about workbook or zoom session ??

Quick Reply

Latest