The Student Room Group

Government and Politics Exam Help

Using your own knowledge as well as the extract, identify and explain two ways in which the British constitution regulates ‘the conduct of government’ (10 marks)

Can anybody help me with this question, I think it's talking about parliamentary sovereignty, but I don't know where to begin.
Perhaps you can start with talking about the checks and balances that are in place because of the parliamentary sovereignty system
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Perhaps you can start with talking about the checks and balances that are in place because of the parliamentary sovereignty system

According to the extract, ‘there is a body of laws, customs and conventions’ that regulates ‘the conduct of government’ which includes parliamentary sovereignty. The constitution states that parliament has the ultimate-law making authority as they can legislate on any subject, their legislation cannot be overturned by any higher authority and no parliament can bind its successors.

This is what I've got so far. Do you think I'm on the right track?
Original post by sammychu00
According to the extract, ‘there is a body of laws, customs and conventions’ that regulates ‘the conduct of government’ which includes parliamentary sovereignty. The constitution states that parliament has the ultimate-law making authority as they can legislate on any subject, their legislation cannot be overturned by any higher authority and no parliament can bind its successors.

This is what I've got so far. Do you think I'm on the right track?

I would say you are on the right track. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest