The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Veterinary Nursing at Middlesex University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hello,
I was wondering when applying for a placement, do you have help from the university when you are applying for a placement back at home or do we have to search for a placement on our own.
Thanks
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by Sprite1
Hello,
I was wondering when applying for a placement, do you have help from the university when you are applying for a placement back at home or do we have to search for a placement on our own.
Thanks

Hi!

So the university have placement supervisors who find the placement for you, so you only have to tell them in which city for example. You can, however, choose to find your own if you wish.

Carla
Middlesex Course Ambassador
Veterinary Nursing
When are placements arranged? Also my accommodation contract is Sep-Jan so would I only go back to uni for exams in the first year?
Reply 63
Hey have you heard anymore about this applicants day we're suppose to be having as we still haven't had any invites?
Original post by Gardner24
When are placements arranged? Also my accommodation contract is Sep-Jan so would I only go back to uni for exams in the first year?

Hi!

Placements are arranged throughout the programme in preparation for each one, the preparation for the first placement begins pretty much straight away for example.

Yes, after December it's only placement and exams (plus any revision sessions they may run which are typically optional) in the first year.

Carla
Veterinary Nursing
Original post by Jade.1
Hey have you heard anymore about this applicants day we're suppose to be having as we still haven't had any invites?

Hey,

No I haven't heard anything, let me see what I can find out for you!

Carla
Veterinary Nursing
Hi!

I’ve finished the bulk of my studies now so I won’t be able to update you with what I’ve been up to in relation to my course!

If you have any questions in the future, you can ask them here and they will be answered: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4590654

It’s been great speaking to all of you, good luck, and I hope to see you in September!

Carla
Veterinary Nursing
Reply 67
Hey everyone!

Im studying vet nursing at middlesex this upcoming September. Is anyone else attending the pre-induction this Saturday?
Reply 68
Hello is there much going on at the uni during freshers or Is it better to book the fresher events arranged outside of the uni?

Thanks
Original post by Jade.1
Hello is there much going on at the uni during freshers or Is it better to book the fresher events arranged outside of the uni?

Thanks

Hello Jade,

There is a lot going on at Middlesex!
Did you like our facebook group for freshers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/mdxsufreshers2017/

You can find out more about our events here! There are nights out, movie nights, freshers fair (where you can sign up for sports and societies!) and walks/pub crawls around London! I am sure you will love your time here :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Ludovica
Hello!I am an American high school senior interested in this program. Unfortunately, I am totally ignorant to how university works in the UK and had a couple questions. My first question: On the website is says to have payment for your course at enrollment. Is that the payment for all 3 years or just 1 year? My second question: If you want to apply for student housing does that also have to be paid upfront at enrollment too? Im sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but college in America is completetly different than this. My third question: As an international student would I be able to work and study at the same time to help pay for housing/other expenses? My final question: How much extra cost would you say i should account for for transportation and living expenses? Allright that's all, I'm sorry if this was too much to throw at you, but I really like MDX and I think it'd be my perfect option. Thank you so much in advance.
Original post by ArteeeTTT
Hello!I am an American high school senior interested in this program. Unfortunately, I am totally ignorant to how university works in the UK and had a couple questions. My first question: On the website is says to have payment for your course at enrollment. Is that the payment for all 3 years or just 1 year? My second question: If you want to apply for student housing does that also have to be paid upfront at enrollment too? Im sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but college in America is completetly different than this. My third question: As an international student would I be able to work and study at the same time to help pay for housing/other expenses? My final question: How much extra cost would you say i should account for for transportation and living expenses? Allright that's all, I'm sorry if this was too much to throw at you, but I really like MDX and I think it'd be my perfect option. Thank you so much in advance.

Hello Arteee TTT,

There are no stupid questions! I am from Italy and I had exactly the same questions :smile: In Italy everything is completely different and I was extremely confused.

Here are the answers, I am happy to help!

1) The payment written there is just for one year, so it will be £11,500 per year
2) You can pay in either 2 or 3 instalments and do not need to pay upfront
3) You will be allowed to work and study :smile: just, of course, make sure you do your uni work first
4)If you live in Usher or Platt Halls, you do not need to pay for transport to get to the University! However, you can get a 18+ discount card for your travels :smile:
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/18-student. Living expenses should be around 25 pounds a week, if you make your lunch and dinner at home :smile:

I think that is all!
Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Have a great day!
Ludovica
Hi! I had an interview on the 15th December and I still haven't heard back😭. Has anyone else?
Hi i was wondering on average how many male vet nurse student are there beacuse i feel like its streotyped alot
Original post by Ozan koca
Hi i was wondering on average how many male vet nurse student are there beacuse i feel like its streotyped alot

Morning!

There are a few students every year!

In the last year we had 8 males!
Of course, there are loads of females, but the lecturers and the tutors are males as well :smile:

Let me know if you have other questions!
Have a great day
Ludovica
Reply 75
Hi, I was wondering How many people They accept for the cours? And are there a big chance to Get in If tou are Asked for an interview?
Original post by Line.lj
Hi, I was wondering How many people They accept for the cours? And are there a big chance to Get in If tou are Asked for an interview?

Morning,

It depends on the year, so I cannot really say how many people are in the course.
However, go to the interview and make sure you revise and have a look at this: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/help-with-your-application/undergraduate-application/interviews/nursing

It is a lot based on your motivation and how much you are passionate about working as a vet nurse :smile:

I am sure it will go well!
Have a great day and good luck :smile:

Ludovica
Original post by Carla at MDX
Hey! V
I'm Carla, a second year Veterinary Nursing student at Middlesex.

I'm the course ambassador for Veterinary Nursing, so if you have any questions or queries at all, even if just about MDX or student life in general, just let me know, I'm here to help!

Carla
Veterinary Nursing

Please I need help in likely question they may ask at interview. I called interview at Middlesex University nursing next week
Hi maybe u can help me I have been accepted for the foundation course veterinary nurse my offer letter says location Hendon campus, but when u look on the website re the course it mentions Huntingdon.
The programme is run in collaboration with The College of Animal Welfare (CAW) at its education and training centre near Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire)
Original post by Mecharea
Hi maybe u can help me I have been accepted for the foundation course veterinary nurse my offer letter says location Hendon campus, but when u look on the website re the course it mentions Huntingdon.

Hendon is the location of the university building itself so is perhaps what will be on your letter from the university as that is where you will be situated from their side of it. The foundation course is actually based at the College of Animal Welfare (CAW) campus though, according to the website, which is in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire for the south. They also run veterinary nursing courses together in Leeds, West Yorkshire and Hendon, London but CAW has no campus in Hendon. As CAW is where the foundation programme is actually delivered and both the CAW and Middlesex Uni websites say so, I'd say Huntingdon is the correct answer unless the site info is out-of-date.

See here:
http://www.caw.ac.uk/subject/veterinary-nursing/ - "BSc Hons Veterinary Nursing With Foundation Year (Middlesex University) Huntingdon"

https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/veterinary-nursing-foundation-year Under 'Course highlights' - "The programme is run in collaboration with The College of Animal Welfare (CAW) at its education and training centre near Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire)."

Hope that helps :smile: If you're in doubt, just ring up the university and ask to be put through to the vet. nursing admissions team and ask them to clarify where it is you're going.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending