The Student Room Group

How competitive is vet nursing course?

hi I wanna apply for vet nursing :smile: I got A*AA at a level and have varied work experience but I'm curious of what % applicants you'd expect to get in especially since vet medicine seems so hard to get in to. Hopefully the answer will make me feel less anxious. Also do vet nursing require interviews ?!? O_o
Original post by cocoadile
hi I wanna apply for vet nursing :smile: I got A*AA at a level and have varied work experience but I'm curious of what % applicants you'd expect to get in especially since vet medicine seems so hard to get in to. Hopefully the answer will make me feel less anxious. Also do vet nursing require interviews ?!? O_o

Hiya!

Vet med can be quite competitive, as there aren't many courses and they don't typically have many students. Aside from grade you'll also need work experience, at Keele it is at least 2 weeks in specific places, you can look at this link for reference:
Hope you found this helpful :smile:
~Michelle, placement student
Reply 2
Original post by Keele Rep
Hiya!

Vet med can be quite competitive, as there aren't many courses and they don't typically have many students. Aside from grade you'll also need work experience, at Keele it is at least 2 weeks in specific places, you can look at this link for reference:
Hope you found this helpful :smile:
~Michelle, placement student

Thank you but how does vet nursing course compare to vet medicine in terms of competition O_o
Original post by cocoadile

You'll have to do universities interviews for veterinary nursing and when you are almost qualified looking for a permanent job you'll have to apply for jobs with veterinary practices and then attend any potential interviews....

% of applicants for veterinary nursing degree courses at university depends on how many people that each individual university take in each year. This is usually based on the amount of student veterinary nurses qualifying at the end of either 3 or 4 years for jobs in veterinary practices throughout the whole of the UK.

Even veterinary medicine requires interviews to see if you are suitable candidate for starting the degree courses that you apply for. Every degree course requires a interview.

A RVN
Reply 4
Original post by Littleemma98
You'll have to do universities interviews for veterinary nursing and when you are almost qualified looking for a permanent job you'll have to apply for jobs with veterinary practices and then attend any potential interviews....

% of applicants for veterinary nursing degree courses at university depends on how many people that each individual university take in each year. This is usually based on the amount of student veterinary nurses qualifying at the end of either 3 or 4 years for jobs in veterinary practices throughout the whole of the UK.

Even veterinary medicine requires interviews to see if you are suitable candidate for starting the degree courses that you apply for. Every degree course requires a interview.

A RVN

Veterinary nursing degree in Bristol and Harper & Keele don’t interview as standard I don’t think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending