The Student Room Group
Reply 1
this is what you can't bring ON the plane with you: http://www.dft.gov.uk/transportforyou/airtravel/airportsecurity/?view=Standard

you also can't bring in more than $10,000 in cash or something like that.

i'm not sure about what you can't bring in your checked luggage, i think you can probably bring anything. however, if your parents ship something of value to you , you might have to pay import tax on it. when my dad sent my laptop to me i had to fill in a bunch of forms and send them to the shipping company in a certain amount of time or they said they'd charge me. if you bring everything yourself i doubt that customs will care about it, unless it's meat or fruit or drugs or something.
Reply 2
I don't know about flights from your country, but from North America there are restrictions on the weight of the luggage which is a real pain. I shipped all of my textbooks via cargo, and just brought clothes with me in 2 very large suitcases but still had to pay extra because it's over the weight limit. If you're living in residence the first yr you don't really need anything except your clothes since everything including sheets/duvets etc is provided - along with a laundry service! No need to bring any electrical stuff since the voltage and plugs are different in the UK than in North America. So really there's not much to bring.
Reply 3
no meat more than a kilo. (if i'm correct) but basically i'd advice no food at all.
no plants with soil.
you can bring in noodles if you want, but not too much.
google and i'm sure you'll find something from the HR Customs website.

Latest

Trending

Trending